What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

My V2 and Bamboo lab X1 Carbon

What games? I have always thought about getting into that.

I race Half Mile and 1/4 mile with my BMW.
HEEEEELL YEEEEEAH
I race iRacing and Assetto Corsa Competizione with my BMW 😅
GbvVQwkqLOt9XdXAZCn1zPMmPZRwn5tyTSqd155B5SLZPFwXffvqsg4xgUip0C_J58ETfMO_jKrTgAcNdcAxgVx60QjuN-17pWra3T5jpCDnULPOJE9UxOrfS3QM9Mzsm2ShbmpFwOmub1LWFdSYBGQySN2uR-gj7Q6QK2kz_VduRkani5NOIpudJnhRKBVviL1NNtsFCQMVuvGHmQJCP0RRy6sYojipk_ngb5t5hLtuhJe_eYKs-jhL2DL8pQI8AI30MBaNDqLUoby_kLfo5dVoFSjTgUgGTZgGxLF2XzRjyHXbvRFv1wEfFHMd6yP1R6qqe0D4BRDEwOgf3CvcMQMwxvT0FwNG4lQx4tPdxdOo5PaRsFpZV8itzx7KgDIy68iPvtprcCTb6OvoXMp-Z11xPhz1AGF-J-Lt4bFx6OZpgvCSp411qa8A1FFDbVq9IaUVTfuCEbizEByh7ZRM8U7kwt_3dumsTaK-cZWs1a1pOKRum74pFpq4YkjyfBpjO2lrFhsSECjsXJd38TBZSAzmJwGid_7LRu1QR-ridxwmsBTfWcoZtV8eZb7ACk-DNoKblLwMlzmwaGG0pbl4TG_Ord_JsRWKtlaAbBJpr4-awWBmS944hjYrlcL1M0cD0bwJXs9IrtQSaJpCMeZPHTS3vOVSbocDDzXCUkpZAr70CU7eFg-VqeX2rffBBQ-uIlGRYV_YbV83L5wWPgyf_QiSxKbSRRFg36GzAaCWUXWL_AZyXzTRDN2hX3S-EoaEIhRNouxkjb6gc64R2naG5R7Do3mOLpsDXoF2bSKuBF3TlzdkJlIfWh4GVAmnYSuxF5TE9XolsgKPWCdgOPcEu3AwpKrt9EgEwPktUuFTdx59J-CREyawFhXoCyqW8--Y0jJZiHazw61huwliK32MLkH3F-nfM5p5xIovuEbp9J3n21Gix298c9xE3xXlCLx8yh1wobm9ehACiqQOHLTfQ7E=w443-h983-no

Painted it in the slicer? Multi-filament print?
Yeah, Bamboo Studio lets you paint the model based on the colors you have loaded in, up to 16 colors. Here I have Red, White, Yellow, and Black loaded in to paint Pikachu.
This slicer is a fork of Prusa slicer with more limitations.
1675734538495.png

Yeah, it's a $350 add on but IMO well worth it especially if you think you might run out of material mid print. As long as you have the same material loaded in it will grab it and finish the print.

1675796876664.png

- Bambu Lab AMS is an intelligent system that communicates with the toolhead to guarantee smooth feeding and automatic mid-print filament switching. It can detect the tension on filament and actively adjust the feeding pace. With RFID technology, Bambu Lab AMS identifies filament loaded inside and automatically configures the most appropriate print settings.
- Bambu Lab AMS equipped with humidity sensors and with an airtight enclosure, it keeps the filament dry and ready to use, which is especially helpful for engineering grade materials such as nylon and polycarbonate, which are hydroscopic.
- Each Bambu Lab AMS is composed of 4 filament slots, and up to 4 AMS can be installed in parallel. With multiple filament slots at disposal, it's now possible to use snap-away support material or dissolvable filament to minimize the pain of removing supports
- Each AMS unit comes with 4 Reusable Spools (1 high temperature spool and 3 low temperature spools).

How does the Filament case sit around your printer?
6mm sounds strudy. Will you be using the 6mm version of the panel clips or something else.
Not long ago, my chamber temps were so bad, I thought about doing the tempered glass mod.

How does the Filament case sit around your printer?
6mm sounds strudy. Will you be using the 6mm version of the panel clips or something else.
Not long ago, my chamber temps were so bad, I thought about doing the tempered glass mod.
The AMS sits right on top of the printer to reduce the path for the filament to insert and withdraw. I have seen some people stack them on shelves one on top of another. I think it was in this forum.

Yeah I will replace the current panel clips. Sort of a bummer, it took a while to put them all together. I considered glass too but for this price I just went for it. Well see how it turns out. I am curious to see what my chamber temps get up to. I usually hit around 63c right now.

I ordered some ACM panels to replace my warped bottom panel. They should be here any day now.

I have also decided to rebuild my gantry since the Z belts keep slipping out. New A/B motor prints with the PIN mod. New Ramala idlers as well as reprinting the GEC5 blocks.
Still undecided if I want to change out the motors for something faster with more TQ. LDO has some new ones coming out that have good specs for this. Might switch out X and Y for high voltage steppers too but then I think I loose senseless homing.