What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

2.2 to 2.4 BOM differences question

falkien

I have googled this and really haven seen different answers. I just purchased a non assembled Voron 2.2, I want to build the newest version 2.4. I went to the Voron site and created the Bom to upgrade to the 2.4 from the 2.2. I have read that this was going to leads to excess materials. I just want to make sure I don't spend money that I don't have to. Sorry this turned into a long post, but I need to know if I should take a better coarse of action. Thank you

Hi, are those parts what's left from 2.2? because 2.4 BOM was quite reduced compared to 2.2.

I don't remember the upgrade BOM being particularly inaccurate, but that was also a long time ago...

What left over parts are these mysterious sources claiming?

It looks like there's some longer rails, but for instance it calls for using the same size chains. I'm going to dig into it a lot more this weekend but wanted to check and make sure I wasn't going down the wrong road.