What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

CAN Bus errors

RevWizard

Follower Esoterical guide to set my trident 350 can bus on EBB36/Octoprint v1.1
during the first print the printer stops mid print . Klippy log shows CAN bus dropping bitrates alot.
I have checked the basics like wiring and terminating resistors on both ends. My can bus wire is twisted but not shielded , bitrate 1000000.
Even when the printer turns on and is idling I get constant CAN bus dropped bits
This command was run right after the printer turned on before the print and already shows CAN error counter pass the error thresholds but still running

Pi@Voron:~ $ ip -details link show can0
3: can0: <NOARP,UP,LOWER_UP,ECHO> mtu 16 qdisc pfifo_fast state UP mode DEFAULT group default qlen 1024
link/can promiscuity 0 minmtu 0 maxmtu 0
can state ERROR-ACTIVE restart-ms 0
bitrate 1000000 sample-point 0.750
tq 62 prop-seg 5 phase-seg1 6 phase-seg2 4 sjw 1
gs_usb: tseg1 1..16 tseg2 1..8 sjw 1..4 brp 1..1024 brp-inc 1
clock 48000000 numtxqueues 1 numrxqueues 1 gso_max_size 65536 gso_max_segs 65535

Im also attaching the klippy log

Any guidance appreciated

Attachments

• klippy (13).log
    109 KB · Views: 1
Klipper just updated on both main board and toolhead over the can bus with no problems but the printer still reports alot dropped messages between the toolhead and mainboard

I encountered a similar problem yesterday - today, I found a broken wire at one of the umbilical connectors - broke right at the solder joint - why they can't use a crimped connector, I don't know!