What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Cant get SB2209 (RP240) into DFU mode

gkuney

Hello,

I am using a Manta M8P with a CB1 as my mainboard and processor and an SB2209 RP2040 via Canbus. I have followed all the steps in the manual as well as many troubleshooting steps but I can not get the SB2209 into DFU mode for the life of me! I am in desperate need of help.

I am currently on my 3rd SB2209 as I thought I had damaged the board in some way, but I am positive that is not the case. I just purchased another brand-new board and followed the following steps EXACTLY.
1. Put the 5v over USB jumper on
2. Connected it via USB C to the Manta M8P.
3. I then held down "boot" and quickly pressed "rst". This did nothing.
4. I also tried adjusting the 4 switches to UART mode and repeating. Still nothing.

I think the issue has to do with communication between the boards. Here is the info I know.
1. I have tried 3 USB A to C cables, the cable is good
2. lsusb returns "Bus 002 Device 005: ID 1d50:614e OpenMoko, Inc. stm32g0b1xx"
3. I accidentally bought the older version of the board with the white connectors and this INSTANTLY went into DFU mode but did not have the right connectors so I bought the RP2040 version for the 3rd time which I did the same thing with and did not work.
4. The R120 jumper is not connected on either the SB2209 or the M8P
5. The SB2209 has absolutely nothing but the one jumper on 5v and the usbc cable connected to it

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am a bit of a noob when it comes to this stuff so go easy on me :). I will also include a screenshot of the setup steps I followed and my menu config.

Thank you,
George

How are you determining that the board isn't going into its bootloader mode?

It's important to note that rp2040, bring not an stm32 chip actually uses something called "bootsel", not "dfu" so for example, it's completely normal that dfu-util doesn't recognise it...

How are you determining that the board isn't going into its bootloader mode?

It's important to note that rp2040, bring not an stm32 chip actually uses something called "bootsel", not "dfu" so for example, it's completely normal that dfu-util doesn't recognise it...
Thanks for your reply! I determined that it was not entering DFU mode because the red light was not turning on and the lsusb command did not say "in DFU mode" as in the guide. Is that not correct?

Thanks for your reply! I determined that it was not entering DFU mode because the red light was not turning on and the lsusb command did not say "in DFU mode" as in the guide. Is that not correct?
Not sure about the red light off hand, but any guide that *mentions* dfu by name is definitely not talking about an rp2040 chip. The correct message on an rp2040 chip is...something about bootsel. I can't remember the exact wording.

You were correct, I was using the old guide! I have gotten it into "RP2 Boot" now, which is what it says in the new version of the guide. I am now running into some other issues flashing the board but if I can not figure that out on my own I will make a new thread. Thank you very much, it was a silly mistake but I could not figure it out for the life of me!

You were correct, I was using the old guide! I have gotten it into "RP2 Boot" now, which is what it says in the new version of the guide. I am now running into some other issues flashing the board but if I can not figure that out on my own I will make a new thread. Thank you very much, it was a silly mistake but I could not figure it out for the life of me!
Have you managed to flash the sb2209 board? I didn't see the new thread. I have some issues flashing the board at the moment. I do see both UUID but I can't the the catapult UUID to change to klipper.