What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Endstop Z still triggered after retract. LDO 0.2 Kit

Faenum

Update:
Got it worked out with help from a lovely person on the Discord. Turns out the rails were slightly out of alignment right at the bottm so fixed it by loosening all the screws appart from the middle, unplugging the motor and moving the bed up and down as I tightend the screws back up. now its working perfectly.

Hi everyone, so have an odd issue that I just cant work out.

Ive only recently finished building my LDO 0.2 kit and am in the setup phase. Ive got to callibrating the z but am coming up with an issue with the bed failing to retract when homing and producing the error "endstop z still triggered after retract". This is my second attempt at doing this as the first motor and screw bound up when the bed was at the bottom, which I understand is a known issue with the coated screws. LDO sent me out a new one with a non coated screw and its now not binding anymore. The motor makes the right noise as though its trying to retract but nothing happens.

Things ive tried:
Changing retract distance to 10: still no retraction
Changed the microsteps to 16: still no retraction
Gently pushed the bed from underneath with my finger during retract: still no retraction
Checked everything is running smoothly by deactivating the motor and winding it by hand, many times, and it all moves normaly.

Ive asked on the Discord and no one has answered me in several days
Ive asked in the Facebook group and while I had a few suggestions, non of them have worked. I shared the relevent parts of the config file and no one can see any issues with it.
Ive searched for it online several times and cant find anything.

It seams as though its not an issue that happens often and no one ive spoken to has actualy had to deal with it themselves.

I cant move the bed once its attempted the home as everything I try to do tells me it needs to home first, but it fails due to this switch being activated.

I can hear the switch click clearly when the bed hits it and its activating correctly as the bed imediatly stops and trys to retract, then throws the error.

Im using the config file provided by LDO for the 0.2 and have otherwise not changed anything other than as stated above and to add in the MCU numbers.

Thanks on advance

Last edited:
I have not run into this myself, either. First dumb question: can you test the z switch and get it to activate? Go to the Tune page and refresh endstops, then manually press the switch button and refresh with it pressed. You should see it change from open to triggered.

I have not run into this myself, either. First dumb question: can you test the z switch and get it to activate? Go to the Tune page and refresh endstops, then manually press the switch button and refresh with it pressed. You should see it change from open to triggered.
thanks for the tip, will do that when I get a chance. It does appear to be triggering because the bed stops when it hits it, and its recognising that its still being pressed.

Update: yes it changes from open to triggered when I press it manualy.

Last edited: