What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Galileo2 PLA issue

pad31

Hello
i've an issue with the Galileo 2 extrduer maybe someone could help...
Everything was fine until i switch my filament from ABS to PLA (polymaker polyterra PLA ) it start having some inconsistent extrusion .

IMG_20240206_214613 (1).jpg

I change the complete hotend + nozzle without improvement.

I then dismantle the extruder and found out that some teeth of the gear was filled with filament
IMG_20240208_111550.jpg
I clean up, relaunch a print first layer was perfect then issue came again , i dismantle again, same problem on the gear....

Im trying to understand what is origin on this issue...

Some hyptothesis i would like to share:
- I print as 10k + 500mm/s => could it be that the hotend does not have sufficient flow and so the extruder is pushing too much filament vs hotend capability => filament is stuck and weared no the teeth?

- otherwise could be that spool of the filament + the PFTE tube from spool to extruder is generating to much resistance and so the filament wearing?

As i m hearing to "clickling" im not sure that these two hypothesis are vlaid..

- could be also that the thumbscrew is too /not enough tightend => i try to unscrew or screw at the maximum => no improvement

- Last idea is that the whole issue is caused by the filament im using. Indeed the polymaker polyterra PLA is quite "soft" compare to other brand PLA or ABS...

your ideas /test are wellcome!

Hello
i've an issue with the Galileo 2 extrduer maybe someone could help...
Everything was fine until i switch my filament from ABS to PLA (polymaker polyterra PLA ) it start having some inconsistent extrusion .

View attachment 4114

I change the complete hotend + nozzle without improvement.

I then dismantle the extruder and found out that some teeth of the gear was filled with filament
View attachment 4115
I clean up, relaunch a print first layer was perfect then issue came again , i dismantle again, same problem on the gear....

Im trying to understand what is origin on this issue...

Some hyptothesis i would like to share:
- I print as 10k + 500mm/s => could it be that the hotend does not have sufficient flow and so the extruder is pushing too much filament vs hotend capability => filament is stuck and weared no the teeth?

- otherwise could be that spool of the filament + the PFTE tube from spool to extruder is generating to much resistance and so the filament wearing?

As i m hearing to "clickling" im not sure that these two hypothesis are vlaid..

- could be also that the thumbscrew is too /not enough tightend => i try to unscrew or screw at the maximum => no improvement

- Last idea is that the whole issue is caused by the filament im using. Indeed the polymaker polyterra PLA is quite "soft" compare to other brand PLA or ABS...

your ideas /test are wellcome!
I finally found the root cause !!!!!!!!!
The insert on which one the thumbscrew has to be screw was bad... Because of this i did not screw enough the thumbswew (as it was blocked quickly in the insert whereas i though it was because of the spring tension ) => the tension on this specific filament was not sufficient....
I change the insert => problem solved!!

That was a tricky one....