What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Going CPAP

3dCase

Hi all,
Decided to go CPAP with my next extruder hotend combo that I am designing to fit my Voron V2.4.
Has anybody here done this and knows of all the pitfalls and hurdles?
I bought a WS7040 that comes with some control board for PWM driving, but the instructions are dismally incomplete and confusing. See attached screenshot.
Would appreciate it if somebody here who had already done this could share their wisdom.

Attachments

• signal-2024-07-21-190005_002.jpg
    signal-2024-07-21-190005_002.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 5
Hi all,
Decided to go CPAP with my next extruder hotend combo that I am designing to fit my Voron V2.4.
Has anybody here done this and knows of all the pitfalls and hurdles?
I bought a WS7040 that comes with some control board for PWM driving, but the instructions are dismally incomplete and confusing. See attached screenshot.
Would appreciate it if somebody here who had already done this could share their wisdom.
I have not gone CPAP since it is loud and is needed for high speeds and material that requires lots of cooling. I mostly print ASA so I don't need that sort of cooling.
This might be a better question on Discord since that is where the guys doing more extreme mods like this hang out.

I have not gone CPAP since it is loud and is needed for high speeds and material that requires lots of cooling. I mostly print ASA so I don't need that sort of cooling.
This might be a better question on Discord since that is where the guys doing more extreme mods like this hang out.
I want to have the possibility of more cooling while also have the nozzle in clear sight. I find the bulky ducts blocking view from all angles a hindrance. I like to see what it is doing.
I understand what you are saying, but it isn't the extreme use I want to do it for tbh. I do print a lot in HD PLA and that does need a lot of cooling so if you want to go even a little faster then average, the cooling with just a 5015 or a 4020 fan you quickly run into the wall.
I think I found some stuff here and there, both on the voron design pages as well as reddit and even klipper github. I am sure I will run into trouble with it and I will be back here :p
For now waiting for it to arrive, which is the most frustrating thing ever when you really need to have the things in your hands before you can print the parts.
Thanks anyway, as always.
It seems a bit quiet here, must be the holidays.....