What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Help. My 2.4 is self destructing after adding Euclid probe.

Alan

After swapping out the probes, and creating the euclid.cfg file, and updating the printer.cfg file, things looksedok. M401 grabbed the probe and M402 put it back. Homing and gantry leveling worked ok too.

The problem was when I went to do a print. I assumed I could just slice and print as before. However, along the way, the printer starting acting funky with the gantry leveling making large corrections. Then while repeating probing it went down hard onto the bed and destroyed the switch.

I replaced the switch and the probe height was off so it was not entering the dock correctly. I went to look the euclid.cfg to make an adjustment to Z dock height and the euclid.cfg file was missing from the list of files in the MACHINE section. I copied over my backup copy of the file, and docking leveling was back to normal.

Now I'm paranoid to try another print until I figure out what happened. Why would the euclid.cfg file dissapear? Is there something different I have to do with the slicer program now that I have an euclid probe installed such as adding extra code to load and park the probe before printing?

I think you might want to replace your SD card. Files and folders should never disappear. Nothing needs to be put in the slicer for the probe. FYI, ensure the tool head part the probe connects to is not loose after the crash. It can cause your probing to not work very well if it has any loose wobble to it.

I think you might want to replace your SD card. Files and folders should never disappear. Nothing needs to be put in the slicer for the probe. FYI, ensure the tool head part the probe connects to is not loose after the crash. It can cause your probing to not work very well if it has any loose wobble to it.

Good point. I noticed the new switch is slightly angled. Good chance the mount for the probe may have moved a bit.

I'm tempted to lower the amps to the z stepper motors at least through my learning phase so they stall out before bending and damages components.

It's all working normal now after recreating the euclid.cfg file. I'm guessing the original file had some error which I didn't repeat the 2nd time around.

The next thing I want to do is to try setting up the input shaper again. 1st time I tried that I ended up having to reinstall everything from scratch. I am starting to see a light at the end of the tunnel on my lengthy Voron build.

The SD card completely died a short time afterward. So you were right to ditch it! Thx.