What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Solved Help Understanding How print_start Works - How To Modify

LoadMaster7

I'm a newbee at running Klipper. I'm learning. I installed a purge bucket and brush. I have it up and working using a macro, clean-nozzle by customizing nozzle_scrub.cfg. This works fine. With my stock Klipper configuration I currently don't have a print_start.cfg that I know of.

Is there a print_start macro built into klipper? The reason for asking, when I start a print, the printer will heat the bedplate, next the hotend, home, run the quad gantry level, home and finally start the print. I would like to add a purge and wipe of the nozzle before the final homing, before the printing start. I'm not sure how to make this happen. Any suggestions, or examples would be appreciated.

Voron 2.4 R2 running Klipper from Octoprint. I am not sure if it matters. I might be moving back to Mainsail if it does. My main reason for running Klipper through Octoprint, I have an account with Octoeverywhere that allows me to monitor prints from any place I have web access.

Thanks.

Klipper by itself doesn't have a macro built in, but the default voron configs have a very basic print_start embedded toward the bottom of the printer.cfg file

Klipper by itself doesn't have a macro built in, but the default voron configs have a very basic print_start embedded toward the bottom of the printer.cfg file
Yeri,
Thank you! I never thought to look here. I have it working as I wanted! (y)

Last edited: