What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Help with tap

EricE555

Printer Model
Voron V2.4r
Extruder Type
Clockwork 2
Cooling Type
Stealthburner
Voron 2.4r, CW2, Stealthburner, Tap.

See above. The right is a replacement I printed a while ago when I feared my tap was about to lose hold on the A/B belts. Now I am rebuilding tap using it.
I direct your attention to the mid line of the print horizontally where the left has flat heads and the right has cut-outs for nuts instead.
But the manual (newly updated) doesn't show this part or talk about the fact that it looks redesigned to hold a nut, not a bolt head. It looks like the nut is intended to be held from the back with a bolt but there is no recess for a bolt head there.

The one on the left is the one I am replacing, you can see it takes a flat head screw there.
Anyone know what is intended to go into this blue one?

Well, I did the only thing that seemed logical. I glued the nuts in there. They stick to magnets so should work fine. /shrug

the new part you have shown is from Tap RC8, which is a complete reprint (not just the part you have shown). The PDF manual has not been updated yet for Tap RC8.

The holes are hex shaped to better hold in a magnet, if you chose to go 4 magnets instead of two magnets + 2 magnetic FHCS.

the new part you have shown is from Tap RC8, which is a complete reprint (not just the part you have shown). The PDF manual has not been updated yet for Tap RC8.

The holes are hex shaped to better hold in a magnet, if you chose to go 4 magnets instead of two magnets + 2 magnetic FHCS.
MAGNETS. You reached me just before I installed it. Thank you. I'll put magnets there.

One more thing. I see little rectangle pieces made to clamp onto the front side of where the A/B belts come through into the tap mount. Does anyone know what screw goes there? It can't be a socket head as that would take up too much room and prevent tap vertical movement. It seems like an M3 button head but any that I have are too short. There is even a little slot made into the part (see blue part above) to allow room for the screw and still allow tap to move up and down. If I am going to buy a couple of special screws, I'd like to know the exact length before I head to the store. The two clamp pieces are shown here

Edit: never mind, I figured it out. Put nuts on the back side, then M3x8 go in with a bit of squish and the socket heads to not interfere.

Last edited:
Hey!It seems like the new part has indeed been redesignedIn my experience, those "cut-outs" for nuts provide better stability, especially at high printing speeds.It might also be a way to simplify assembly Try using nuts instead of flat screws to see if it holds better, Let me know how it goes!Maybe with other settings you find better performance tooIt's always good to experiment with new solutions👌