What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

high (?) extruder motor temperatures (during and after printing)

killface

I'm still working kinks out of my 2.4 and have a question about safe temps in the chamber. I've been tuning ABS filiment, so doors closed. I have my print start macro and slicer set to have everything start printing w/chamber temp min of 40c. Everything stays pretty stable as the first screenshot. Main question is regarding the extruder motor temp, is mid 80s sustainable for the extruder stepper motor? Second, when the fans start to time out and turn off, temperature for the EBB board and the extruder start to climb again. I hadn't kept an eye on it until today, I noticed it crept up over 90c. I turned the fan back on manually and the temp came back down. I feel like I need to make a print_end macro that is focused on controlling this...or am I over thinking / over worried? Thanks for any feedback.

during ABS print
Screenshot 2024-07-22 at 2.17.11 PM.png

after print (not the same print, don't try to align the times at bottom) ... see how extruder kicks up about middle of this section of timeline

Screenshot 2024-07-23 at 2.44.24 PM.png

isn't the driver part of the 2240 board? wouldn't the temps be more similar between EBB NTC and Extruder (not the hot end extruder temp, the other one that I didn't purposely put in my printer.cfg)

The driver is on the toolhead board, yes. I'm not sure I understand the second half of the question.