What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

How to align the gantry?

Dutchronnie

How to properly align the gantry?
When i put the extrusion of the X-axis in the a/b holder, and push the to the end, then the distance between the a/b dives is not good.

When i look on page 87 of the manual, i see some space between the extrusion ant the printed parts, but the manual doesn't tell what the distance of the gap must be.

So when you attach the belts, try and get nice even tension on both sides. This will help when you tighten the belts, and you can see it will pull one side when you tighten. Try and do the same amount of turns on the idlers if possible but most important, make sure the gantry is square while doing it. Then check belt frequency.
So to summarize.
Attach belt with even pressure and eye the gantry squared.
Count your turns on the idler tension, like 3 turns on the left and 3 on the right. Make sure the belts are close to the same tension and the gantry is still square.
Tune frequency.

So when you attach the belts, try and get nice even tension on both sides. This will help when you tighten the belts, and you can see it will pull one side when you tighten. Try and do the same amount of turns on the idlers if possible but most important, make sure the gantry is square while doing it. Then check belt frequency.
So to summarize.
Attach belt with even pressure and eye the gantry squared.
Count your turns on the idler tension, like 3 turns on the left and 3 on the right. Make sure the belts are close to the same tension and the gantry is still square.
Tune frequency.
Thanks for your answer.
But this is not exactly what i mean.

i am an little earlier in the proces;)

1.png

when i push the aluminium extrusion in the motor drivers, how far do i have to push them in?
When this distance is not right, then the carriage is not square.

Forgive me my bad english, but i don't know how to say it better.
+

20230817_182724.jpg
20230817_182745.jpg

2 pictures added, maybe it is now more clear.
the distance under was not the same as above.
I think i have it now square with the angle ?? thing

You have your gantry still outside of the printer ... it's still one big flexible assembly of plastic and alumunium pieces. You will hang it on Z bearing blocks and THEN you do initial de-racking where you release bolts and align parts. Just make sure your outer frame is as square as possible.

You have your gantry still outside of the printer ... it's still one big flexible assembly of plastic and alumunium pieces. You will hang it on Z bearing blocks and THEN you do initial de-racking where you release bolts and align parts. Just make sure your outer frame is as square as possible.

OK, now its clear, i thougt to begin absoluty square :)