What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Question How to set up slicer

BeerMedic522

Can someone point a YT or GitHub that in plain English would show me how to edit the slicer settings, where to put the PRINT_START and END? I’m getting lost with all of the “lingo”.

I guess what I’m asking is where do I put the codes and macros for Voron Purge, etc? Does it go in the slicer custom gcode, my printer.cfg, a new .cfg that I need to [include] in my printer.cfg? I’m lost

PRINT_START, PRINT_END, the purge, etc are all macros within your Klipper config files. Look at the default file for the printer and you will find the start and end macros there. Any purge macro is added on, and there's lots to use (I recommend KAMP, it's pretty easy to set up). In the slicer, you will call PRINT_START and PRINT_END from your printer custom code.

PRINT_START, PRINT_END, the purge, etc are all macros within your Klipper config files. Look at the default file for the printer and you will find the start and end macros there. Any purge macro is added on, and there's lots to use (I recommend KAMP, it's pretty easy to set up). In the slicer, you will call PRINT_START and PRINT_END from your printer custom code.
Thanks, that helps.... some. So I overwrite what is in there with the new one from KAMP??

No, KAMP adds some macros which you will add calls to in your print_start. You will want to be a little familiar with the config files before getting too deep into modifying. I'd suggest starting with reading the Voron docs site here. You'll be able to figure it out--I knew nothing of Klipper or Jinja when I started my Trident build; now I'm dangerous.