What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

I'm new so forgive me, this may be sacrilege

Welcome!

The differences are mostly just design choices. AFAIK VzBot designers aims for higher print speeds, while Voron designers aims for reliable prints, while being reasonably fast. Remember that there is no perfect 3d printer, every one of them have their strengths and weaknesses, and experience will teach you to identify them.

However, whatever is the DIY 3d printer you choose, you have to keep in mind that they are as good as you build them: there are many cases of people complaining about their printer's quality, but they never tell about the shortcuts taken while building because they got lazy. I've seen a fair share of sloppy builds that could never do a good print.

It appears from my meager knowledge of both machines that their basic designs are very similar. I'm curious to know if there are any essential differences that I'm unaware of that could not be changed.

I don't know much about VzBot, so I'm not in the position to offer you the insight you desire. Maybe someone else in the community can answer that.

It appears from my meager knowledge of both machines that their basic designs are very similar. I'm curious to know if there are any essential differences that I'm unaware of that could not be changed.
Well Trident has tramming and bed leveling from the get-go 🙃 That's as much as I can say about vzbot's basic configuration.

Well,

Both are Core-XY, with many in common.
I would say the dual a/b motors are the main difference.
  • they should apply to higher printing speeds, if the whole motion system is from good quality.
  • on the other hand, more parts mean, more possible point of failure.
About part-spec and selection I do not know anything.

vinnycordeiro

has summarized it quiet well.