What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Isik's Tech Store

xbst_

Small Vendor
Hello everyone,

I started selling some custom PCBs I designed for Vorons.

I'm the creator of the KUSBA and PiCAN projects and there are more PCBs in the works, like Nevermore Max/StealthMax controllers, more variants of the KUSBA and more. I'm also working on smaller projects like Nevermore sensors, fan splitters, neopixel lighting, breakout PCBs and more. I publish all of my work for free on GitHub under a GPL v3 license. Every sale helps me fund the development of more open source PCB projects.

If you are interested in purchasing a PCB, you can find a link to my store below. I ship to the US and most of the rest of the world. I'm also on Amazon.
My Store: https://store.isiks.tech/
Amazon (Prime Shipping): https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0C734JL4Z

Last edited:
Hi Isik,

I am about to build a Stealthmax Filter, and came across your PCBs. Can you please explain the advantage these have over using the BOM connectors and electronics? Same pictures comparing yours vs. BOM would be great.

I have also read that there might be some issues with your PCB and the latest Stealthmax updates?

Cheers,
Lukas

Hi Isik,

I am about to build a Stealthmax Filter, and came across your PCBs. Can you please explain the advantage these have over using the BOM connectors and electronics? Same pictures comparing yours vs. BOM would be great.

I have also read that there might be some issues with your PCB and the latest Stealthmax updates?

Cheers,
Lukas
Hi Lukas,

The main advantage is it makes the wiring easier. Less soldering, obvious connectors instead of random GPIO pins, less electronic parts to wire, etc. It can also be easier to source than the Pi Pico W (non-W won't work with "stock" Nevermore, its firmware needs Bluetooth).

Depending on how you feel about Bluetooth, another potential advantage is how it communicates with Klipper running on your Pi. Stock solution uses Bluetooth, mine uses USB or CAN. Mine runs Klipper, stock runs custom firmware by Sanaa.

Yes, the latest StealthMax changed the electronics mounting location. Because of this change, you have to use CAN with my PCB, there's no room to route the USB cable. Using the older StealthMax is of course still an option too. If using it in the new location, the on-PCB sensor option shouldn't be picked. In the old location, the PCB was where 1 set of the sensors are supposed to be so the on-PCB sensor option was added. New location is different. There are connectors for both sets of sensors on the PCB though, so you can just mount the sensor where its supposed to go and run wires to the JST PH connector.

Thanks,
Isik