What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

LDO Trident Kits

A-A-RON92

Printer Model
LDO Trident 300
Hello, my hame is Aaron. I have recently decided to build my first voron and I'm not really sure where to start. I am looking to buy an LDO Trident 300 kit. Does anyone have any recommendations on the best place to get one?

Depends on where you live. If you live in Canada, my local Danish shop will probably more expensive then something close to you :p
Just pick a random shop close'ish to you? Maybe check trustpilot.

I live in the US, and I'm gonna have to buy online. Unfortunately nobody around me sells anything 3d printing. I think the closest micro center is at least a 2 hour drive.

Any US vendor that sells ldo kits is awesome. Well except matterhackers. They are simply ok.
We have a problem in the US with vendors that support the Voron community. There are so many great ones it's hard to pick!

My top three picks to look ate are the already-mentioned West3D and Fabreeko. Also KB-3D. I've bought stuff from all three including an LDO V0.2 kit from Fabreeko and they have universally been awesome.

Awesome, I did go check out fabreeko, and I think I might see about getting one from them. I did see it said the hot end is self source, are there any good recommendations for the hot end. I would prob wanna go with the least problematic and most reliable one.

Awesome, I did go check out fabreeko, and I think I might see about getting one from them. I did see it said the hot end is self source, are there any good recommendations for the hot end. I would prob wanna go with the least problematic and most reliable one.
Are you sure? From reading the fabreeko and west3d website it seems it comes with the Revo hotend.

You would be correct, I was mistaken. Is that the best option, or is there a better option i should look into upgrading too?

Yes, AFAIK all LDO kits come with Revo. That's all I've used so I have no personal frame of reference for comparisons aside from my Prusa Mini stock hotend (now a Revo). I like the Revo well enough that I haven't wanted to swap out to anything else. With the standard nozzles it's not the highest flow, but that is fine with me.

At least on fabreeko it says revo high flow. It's not crazy fast, but AFAIK it can keep decently up with the rest.
I use the non high flow version and it's fine for me.