What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Looking to print parts on Bambu X1 C in ASA, any profiles out there?

Hi, I'm attempting to print parts for a Voron 0.1 on my Bambu X1. I think I've added all the main aspects, 40 % infill, 0.2 layer height walls etc and (forced) 0.4 line thickness, though I'm slightly confused as to the last. I assumed that meant just put everything on 0.4 instead of 0.42 etc, though I'm not sure how much this will affect dimensional accuracy?

Is anyone else printing parts on this machine and, if so, could they be amazing and send me their profile. I'm blind and often miss stuff or parts are hard to get to in slicers. I'm having to use OCR most of the time which requires far more patients.

the couple of prints 've tried are warping, which is weird, but can't tell if it's because of my settings, EG, a narrower line is probably going to have an effect, or there is something else amiss.

Thanks

Ollie

The 0.4 forced line with is to ensure that parts are sufficiently thick enough but also to enable printability for some parts since they have design features based around multiples of 0.4. Assuming the slicer is working properly I don't expect line width would affect dimensional accuracy, just success on certain features.

I would not expect that warping is due to variances in line width.

The 0.4 forced line with is to ensure that parts are sufficiently thick enough but also to enable printability for some parts since they have design features based around multiples of 0.4. Assuming the slicer is working properly I don't expect line width would affect dimensional accuracy, just success on certain features.

I would not expect that warping is due to variances in line width.
Ah, so it is making sure the minimum line width is 0.4 rather than the slicer skipping lines etc. I think I'm with you. In which case, I may have been changing the wrong settings.

thanks

Ah, so it is making sure the minimum line width is 0.4 rather than the slicer skipping lines etc. I think I'm with you. In which case, I may have been changing the wrong settings.

thanks
Just to be clear, it means line widths on all features (walls, top/bottom, etc...) have to be set to exactly 0.4mm and not higher or lower. Layer height at 0.2mm too. So you were right in your original post in saying "everything at 0.4 instead of 0.42" for line widths this is exactly what you have to do. It is probably the most important setting for printing reliability of Voron parts, especially for you since you since it might be more difficult to detect small printing defects. Good luck !

I have been printing ASA on my X1C and no warping so far. I use Polymaker ASA and 3DXTech filament, but with the caveat that I am not print many voron parts with extra walls.

I was wondering about the forced 0.4 line width as well, so in the case of prusaslicer, where they provide a set of printing profiles for Voron machines, in order to print correctly, go down their print setting list and change each width to 0.40 exactly and remove their suggested widths?

Screenshot 2023-04-23 at 15.44.38.png