What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Solved Need some help with ldo sb nitehawk !!!

Matt

Hello,
My printer was running fine up until a few days ago when I decided to update klipper. I’m not sure why things always have to go wrong after updating klipper but this time for some reason klipper screen stopped working turning my screen black. I tried a few things I found online but couldn’t fix it. So decided to just do a fresh install of klipper which has always fixed things for me in the past.
After I installed klipper my screen was fixed but now my printer is having connection issues.

Which I believe is being caused by nitehawk. I’ve been following the steps @ ldo but now things are just getting a little complicated for me.
I followed all steps and ended up reinstalling
the katapult bootloader giving me a
similar ls /dev/serial/by-id/
usb-katapult_rp2040_A1234567898D1234-if00
red light was slowly flashing…

Then followed the first 2 steps to compile klipper which I don’t believe the first step worked but the second step did change the
ls /dev/serial/by-id/ to
usb Klipper_rp2040_E1234567A12D9835-if00
I’m not sure if communication interface
in menu config is supposed to be usbserial or usb to canbus because they don’t match up with ldo’s picture but i’m guessing it’s usbserial.

So I believe i did everything correct .
Both ls /dev/serial/by-id/usb are also in my printer.cfg correctly as before when my printer was working.
Yet im still unable to connect to mcu neither can I download klipper log . It just brings me to a blank page.

I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong.
Tried watching your videos Steve but you didn’t really get into the bootloader stuff and I tried watching your videos nero but it got complicated with others giving you commands to change you raspberry pi ls /dev/serial/by-id/ and other stuff I didn’t really understand.

I wish someone could make a step by step video or describe the process of installing klipper and reinstalling everything for nitehawk so I can know exactly what I need to do first or unplug and press. It’s complicated when the ldo instructions say one thing but in videos people are doing other things.

Here are some pics
Thanks for the help, i’m no wizard

IMG_9314.jpegIMG_9315.jpegIMG_9317.jpegIMG_9316.jpegIMG_9318.jpeg

Last edited:
It looks like you have everything correct. I will have to think about this for a bit. You should only ever have to flash the bootloader once.

Here is my backup configs. I am also using Nitehawk. https://github.com/NoGuru2/VoronV2.4/tree/main/printer_data/config

Appreciate it, I will check your configs out.
Just to clarify when I reinstalled the katapult bootloader following the last step in ldo’s documentation then go back to step one compiling klipper firmware to make flash I end up with a katapult_rp2040 id . It says I should already have a klipper id? So I skip step 1 and follow step 2 uploading klipper via katapult and the last command changes the id to a Klipper_rp2040 and says flashed successful.

Is there anything I’m missing?
Last night I re did this process for nitehawk. Made sure nitehawk had a klipper id.
I then unplugged nitehawk usb and reinstalled klipper. Set everything up , plugged everything in, have 2 ids for both yet still can’t connect.
Am I supposed to repeat step 1?

For example I just got nitehawk , it already has katapult and klipper on it. Do I have to follow step 1 in the ldo documentation or can I just put the id into the cfg and expect it to work?

It's been a while since I installed but I thought I did all the steps listed in the doc but I don't recall going back to the first step.

It's been a while since I installed but I thought I did all the steps listed in the doc but I don't recall going back to the first step.
I cant believe I didn't think to even do this.
Solved, after commenting out all of my includes. Now I just have to check them all.

You have an overly complex config to troubleshoot with multiple includes. Can you try starting with just the basic configuration? https://github.com/MotorDynamicsLab/LDOVoronTrident/tree/master/Firmware and add the NH-SB https://github.com/MotorDynamicsLab/Nitehawk-SB/blob/master/Firmware/Klipper Configs/nitehawk-sb.cfg
Get that working first, then add the rest one at a time. Since, it appears one config is overwriting others.
Thanks,
Cameron from LDO