What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Question Part cooling fan for SB

Finally getting to my long overdue replacement of the Afterburner with a Stealthburner on my 2.4.
I have purchased a couple of 5015 fans for part cooling, GDStime 4500 rpm sleeve bearing and 6000 rpm ball bearing variants.
Connected them to a bench PSU for testing, and the difference in noise (and airflow) are noticeable.

What type would be the recommendation ? i of course want to keep the noise level down if possible.
I print with a Dragon SF hotend with CHT nozzles and use 0.4 & 0.6 nozzles, so not super high flow rates. Filaments used are PLA, PETG, ASA and TPU.

I recommend Delta's BFB0524HH fan. Alternately Fabreeko and West3D have high pressure 5015's available and they reportedly work well, but may be a bit more noise than you want.

Ball bearing fans are recommended in the BOM over sleeve bearings for longevity. i have GDSTime in my Trident and they work well. I also have a couple of the Fabreeko Honey Badger 5015s in my V0.2 Dragon Burner and they work well--that's what I'd go for if I were buying blowers again.

Thanks for the replies.
I guess I will start with the 6000 rpm GDStime and see how it performs, after all it is pretty easy to replace if needed.