What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

question about gantry type

3dCase

In the documentation I find the stealthburner tool-head cad-files which is mounted on just one linear rail on the front of the gantry member. Like in this screenshot:
1721529244098.png

But on my machine the whole tool-head is attached to the gantry member with two linear rails, one on the front and one on the bottom.
Anybody any idea where I can find files for my version as I want to print parts for another hot-end extruder combination?
I don't really know what they call it even. My hot-end is from triangle-lab and it is an early dragon, not V2. Also mine is screwed in with 4 tiny screws at the top instead of captured with a flange like E3d V6 version.
The extruder seems standard Voron V2.4, but again I am not sure what they call these things. It does look completely like the documented version though.
Please point me to where the cad-files live, I really want to be able to change my tool-heads. I have too many different combinations I like to use but mainly I want to loose this extruder and go with an orbiter V2. Also I use the Revo a lot and basically love it. But I also have an old Microswiss all metal with hardened filament path, again with an orbiter. Trouble is once you have started using different tool-heads for different jobs it becomes addictive ;)

You're basically having a versioning issue. Since you posted this in general chat, I'm not sure what printer you actually have, but you need to use the github tools to switch to an older release that matches your printer. For example, for a v2.4, you might be looking for the 2.4r1 https://github.com/VoronDesign/Voron-2/tree/V2.4r1

You're basically having a versioning issue. Since you posted this in general chat, I'm not sure what printer you actually have, but you need to use the github tools to switch to an older release that matches your printer. For example, for a v2.4, you might be looking for the 2.4r1 https://github.com/VoronDesign/Voron-2/tree/V2.4r1
That is it, found it. I am totally not used to this github business and as a result find it very difficult to navigate it properly. I was following the build documentation and did go to the historic V2.4 version but it still showed the single rail frame parts.
I will get the hang of it but it is all very confusing with so many versions and mods with very similar names.
Thanks again. My list of pay-backs is getting longer ;)
1721537816207.png

What I do not understand is that my own bookmark for voron design github looks the same URL but I cannot find the tree /V2.4r1
This below is yours:
Screenshot from 2024-07-21 08-11-33.png
This below is mine:
Screenshot from 2024-07-21 08-11-46.png

And I took this github link from Voron build instructions!
I would love to understand this better? I can see the two pages are from different people but otherwise it all looks the same except for the missing version.
How can I guarantee for myself to be looking in the right places?

it's that tab picker in the middle of the menu: branches vs tags

You need to switch to TAGS, and then you should see the same versions you see under my link

it's that tab picker in the middle of the menu: branches vs tags

You need to switch to TAGS, and then you should see the same versions you see under my link
Ok I found the source code file which contains the step files of the whole build. The page still looks nothing like what your link shows me but I am sure I will find out how to get there. I have the files now of my model and that is what we were after so thanks again.