What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Solved Reported temp of cold hotend is 15º above ambient.

Telescopic

Printer Model
LDO Voron 0.2
Extruder Type
Clockwork 2
Mainsail is reporting an extruder temperature ~15º above ambient on a just-powered up, cold machine.

The hotend is a stock Revo Voron 40w with the usual 104NT-4-R025H42G thermistor.

The toolhead is an EBB36, connected by USB to the RPi.

Up-to-date Danger Klipper.

The extruder has no trouble reaching an (indicated) temperature and stabilizing, but if I then turn off the heating, it will cool down to (again) about 15º above ambient.

Any ideas?

Bad thermistor or wire. Probably okay if you know you have to compensate for the difference.

Make sure the jumper is not installed which would mislead Klipper into believing you have a PT1000 on the board instead of 104NT. In your printer.cfg file ensure that thermistor heading includes
Code:
pullup_resistor: 4700
somewhere beneath it. Or 2200, I forget which value resistor is needed to report the correct value. Just try both.

Make sure the jumper is not installed which would mislead Klipper into believing you have a PT1000 on the board instead of 104NT. In your printer.cfg file ensure that thermistor heading includes
Code:
pullup_resistor: 4700
somewhere beneath it. Or 2200, I forget which value resistor is needed to report the correct value. Just try both.
No jumper for PT1000.

EBB36 doc says if you're using a 104NT, the pullup resistor is 4700. Ah, but my config says 2200.

Fixed. Thank you, Erik.