What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Slicer Temp settings not going to Voron 0.1 printer

philt79

Hi, brand new newbie here - to 3D printing and GCode works. I've built and got my Voron 0.1 going and printing PLA quite nicely. The config file has default temps of 60 deg for the bed and 220 deg for the extruder - see attached sample of config file. When I change my profile in Ultimaker Cura for different filament materials however, the slicer's nominated temperatures are not getting used when printing. I have seen in the GCode for the file being sent from Cura that the different temperatures are in the GCode (see attached GCode sample) yet the printer doesn't implement them. I have paused the print, manually changed the temperatures, waited for them to settle, then restarted the print. This isn't my long term goal though! Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Klipper
Voron 0.1 Fysetc, with Big Tree Tech PI and Cheetah 2.0

TIA!

Attachments

• [gcode_macro PRINT_START].txt
    539 bytes · Views: 3
  • Sample GCode file.txt
    600 bytes · Views: 2
While Cura is okay, I would recommend using something like Orca slicer. If not for all the great features it has over other slicers but also just to test and see if the temps change.
Not sure why you would pause and change temps, I would do it on the fly though the dashboard.

NoGuru, thanks for the advice. I've just set up Orca and doing a calibration test, but the intended PETG temperatures (255deg Extruder and 80deg Bed) are still not being applied on the printer. Rather, the default temps from the printer config file of 220deg and 80 deg are being used???
I was only pausing a print (at the very start, using the dashboard), so I could manually get the temps I needed, so I could try printing other materials - I was trying ABS, and not getting any bed adhesion at the default 60 deg, so would raise that to 100/105 deg, then continue the print once the bed temp had stabilised at the manual temp input.
So, where to next??? Current config file and sample GCode included as attachments on original post.
While Cura is okay, I would recommend using something like Orca slicer. If not for all the great features it has over other slicers but also just to test and see if the temps change.
Not sure why you would pause and change temps, I would do it on the fly though the dashboard.

I think I see the problem. You print_start macro defines the parameters BED_TEMP and EXTRUDER_TEMP. However, your gcode file is calling print_start and sending parameters EXTUDER and BED. So it's not receiving the named parameters it is expecting and reverting to the defaults of 60 and 220. Try revising your slicer setup to send the correct parameter names.

I think I see the problem. You print_start macro defines the parameters BED_TEMP and EXTRUDER_TEMP. However, your gcode file is calling print_start and sending parameters EXTUDER and BED. So it's not receiving the named parameters it is expecting and reverting to the defaults of 60 and 220. Try revising your slicer setup to send the correct parameter names.
Hi Claudermilk, I think I got to where I needed to in the Cura settings, but it's not taking effect. I'll try a few more changes in this area as I may not have got it all correct (obviously). Your suggestion seems to make sense though! I'll give it another try over the weekend.

Here is mine,
[gcode_macro PRINT_START]
# Use PRINT_START for the slicer starting script
gcode:
# Parameters
{% set bedtemp = params.BED|int %}
{% set hotendtemp = params.HOTEND|int %}

G90 #set absolute positioning
G28 #home all axis
STATUS_HOMING
STATUS_READY
PREHEAT
STATUS_HEATING
M190 S{bedtemp} ; set & wait for bed temp
STATUS_READY
STATUS_LEVELING
QUAD_GANTRY_LEVEL #V2.4
STATUS_READY
#BED_MESH_CALIBRATE PRINT_MIN={params.PRINT_MIN} PRINT_MAX={params.PRINT_MAX} FORCE_NEW_MESH=True
BED_MESH_CALIBRATE PRINT_MIN={params.PRINT_MIN} PRINT_MAX={params.PRINT_MAX}
STATUS_BUSY
Smart_Park
G0 Z20
M109 S{hotendtemp}
STATUS_CLEANING
CLEAN_NOZZLE
LINE_PURGE
STATUS_READY
STATUS_PRINTING
#Adaptive_Purge

AND here is yours,

[gcode_macro PRINT_START]
# Use PRINT_START for the slicer starting script - please customize for your slicer of choice
gcode:
{% set BED_TEMP = params.BED_TEMP|default(60)|float %}
{% set EXTRUDER_TEMP = params.EXTRUDER_TEMP|default(220)|float %}
M109 S{EXTRUDER_TEMP}

G28 ; home all axes
G1 Z20 F3000 ; move nozzle away from bed
M104 S160
M190 S{BED_TEMP}
M109 S{EXTRUDER_TEMP}
G28

so you see what you should remove from your print start?