What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Question Suggestions for extruder on Mantis

HTMOTS

Hi guys.
Im researching upgrades for my stock voron 2.4r2 350 (klickyng with hartk single pcb and RapidoHF) and im a little bit overwhelmed with information so if you can help me?

1. I know that i would like to upgrade to Mantis toolhead because of better cooling for PLA (If there is a better option i would like to know also :) )
2. New extruder (not built by me XD) but which one will go on Mantis and has best results? Thinking Orbiter V2?
3. Also some sort of can and umbilical to match Mantis if that is an option.
4. Currently i have a Rapido HF but would like to expand it to UHF in the future if added cooling from mantis show increase in speed.
5. Curently i am using KlickyNG which is not quite constant with auto z feature so maybe TAP? I have heard some people went back to klicky so dont know is it still worth the upgrade.

IMO the three best extruders right now are the Hextrodort I think it's called. I have one its nice.
The Sherpa Mini, I have one, also very nice.
The Orbitor V2, I don't have one but that is a very popular option.

If you go umbilical make sure you have the mounts planed for the extruder you are using.

IMO the three best extruders right now are the Hextrodort I think it's called. I have one its nice.
The Sherpa Mini, I have one, also very nice.
The Orbitor V2, I don't have one but that is a very popular option.

If you go umbilical make sure you have the mounts planed for the extruder you are using.
Tnx on your reply :)
Do you know any limitations with those extruders? I so some data on Orbiter v2 like:
Acceleration: 10000 mm/s2 *
• Normal motor operating temperature: 60-75°C
* The extruder itself without filament can handle acceleration up to
25000mm/s2. Adding weight of the filament it drags along its
recommended to have acceleration limit set not above 10000mm/s2
and TPU not les then shore 85A.
Are those realy a limit (no more then 10000mm/s2 accel) on that one and are there similar limitations on Hextrodort and Sherpa Mini?
Im curently using 20K accel on my CW2 so thats a bit odd.