What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Suggestions on piano wire lengths?

m00dawg

What length piano wire do folks recommend for an umbilical? I got some from the Evil Jungle (Amazon) but it's only 40cm and that's much too short. It's good enough for my Beacon setup on my Trident but I'll need a longer one for when I switch that fully over to an umbilical (Nitehawk is in the mail). Wanting to do the Trident first so I have an idea of what I'm doing before I convert my 2.4.

Yep! But I've only managed to find really short ones or an entire huge spool. Was trying to filter by reasonable lengths. That was from the evil jungle but happy to buy it from elsewhere.

I was given a few meters of the wire when I asked around and found a local piano repair guy. Cool guy, refused payment for it. Think I only needed about a meter or so on my 300 spec v2.4, but extra is always nice to have in the event you mess up or in case of damage.

What length piano wire do folks recommend for an umbilical? I got some from the Evil Jungle (Amazon) but it's only 40cm and that's much too short. It's good enough for my Beacon setup on my Trident but I'll need a longer one for when I switch that fully over to an umbilical (Nitehawk is in the mail). Wanting to do the Trident first so I have an idea of what I'm doing before I convert my 2.4.
Can you please post a picture once you have implemented the piano wire?

Can you please post a picture once you have implemented the piano wire?
Here you go! It's actually two pieces of piano wire, which is definitely not ideal as you don't want the ends digging into cabling. I let them run a but over the edge of the zipties to help avoid that but it's just a makeshift solution for now.

Attachments

• IMG20240907132923.jpg
    IMG20240907132923.jpg
    489.3 KB · Views: 7