What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Temp falling down when extruding

HTMOTS

Hi guys, im having a problem with temperature falling down by 1.5 C when extruding (via mainsail extrude command).
Was trying to figure out vol flow on my rapido hf hotend and i cant get advertised 24 mm3/s, its way lower depending on the filament i use (pla, asa and tpu). Then i noticed the temp drop.
I checked the wires and crimps, did pid autotune several times, in config termistor is pt1000 and pullup is 4700.
Funny thing is when printing temp is steady.
Anybody have an idea what could couse this?

1.5c is not a problem. Even 5c is not much of an issue but anything beyond that should be concerning,

Flow is going to depend on more then what the manufacturer says. Filament used, Temp of it. You are probably getting around 20 mm3/s?

1.5c is not a problem. Even 5c is not much of an issue but anything beyond that should be concerning,

Flow is going to depend on more then what the manufacturer says. Filament used, Temp of it. You are probably getting around 20

On Sunlu white pla i get around 12 mm3/s and on Azurefilm TPU i cant get 9 mm3/s both of them on max recomended temp from the manufacturer. Asa is more of 15 mm/s but on high 260C

Not in a voron but on a spider board I think my temps were measured 10C to low.
To read the true temp is not as easy as I thought, using small thermocouple wires.
Even putting them under the silicon sock was not convincing. But in any measures I stayed less than 10 degrees under. When you look into the schematic of the mb's, there is no precision source to measure voltages, so I'm no more taking the temps as correct. I just go more for guts and try feeling since then.
I generally try also given max plus 10....