What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Question Voron 2.4 R1 to R2

BOSSJoe

Printer Model
Voron 2.4 R1
Extruder Type
Clockwork 1
Cooling Type
AB-BN
Hello everyone,

I have a question. I've done a lot of searching online but to be honest I've found so much information that I'm now completely confused... :)

I currently have a Voron 2.4 R1 with a few minor modifications (AB-BN, Nevermore, LED,...). This means that I currently still have the Afterburner with two MGN 9 linear rails.
I would like to upgrade this to version 2.4 R2. So with Stealthburner and one MGN12 linear rail. I might also change the feet. However, I have CNC parts here and I don't think I can simply swap the feet.

First question: What other differences are there between these two revisions? Is it worth implementing any of them?

Second question: Can I simply replace the linear rail or do I have to reprint something? The print head and X-carrier are clear, I'm thinking more of the XY joints or something.

Third question: I would like to operate the Stealthburner with CAN bus. I have chosen the BTT EBB SB2240 for this, possibly also with a Knomi and the new EDDY from BTT. Do I need specially printed parts here or are these also the standard parts? I think I once saw something on BTT's Github page.

Fourth question: As I am currently building my V0.2 and installing a Dragonburner with Galileo 2 Standalone, I am thinking about installing the Galileo instead of the CW2. So the same question, are there any special printed parts I have to consider, especially in combination with the CAN bus and the EBB SB2240.

These are my questions for now. Does anyone else have any tips and tricks that I should bear in mind?

Many thanks

Greetings
Joe

Why change the feet, is there something wrong with the current ones?

Steathburner is a nice upgrade to parts cooling. But if you do Knomi you will need a differnt model.

1. only difference I'm aware of is the carriage, but I made it a point not to pay attention, since I'm constantly upgrading anyway.
  2. In order to move to stealthburner I had to print R2 XY joints, along with changing the rail.
  3. yep you'll need different parts
  4. not sure.

Hi There,

@NoGuru
There's nothing really wrong with the old feet. The only thing that bothers me is that the flap on the underside for the electronics always gets stuck on the feet. That's always a bit fiddly. Otherwise no problem. Maybe that I like the new feet a little better :)

Regarding the Knomi, I have already seen that there is a version with better airflow.

@Laserbea4k43
I think I'll just change the XY joints now. It's no longer a problem. New MGN12 is on its way and the parts for the CAN BUS upgrade are also on their way.
I hope I have now downloaded all the correct STL files and will print them out.
I've decided to go for the CW2 extruder for now. I can always do Galileo2 later. It would probably be too much of a change now anyway. I'd rather do it bit by bit.

Many thanks for your help.

Greetings
Joe

Tried Galileo once before i went stealthburner. Not sure what version2 brings, but from what I recall there wasn't much point to Galileo after the release of CW2?