What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Where am I?

Why am I here? Oh yea umm because I really need to drive myself insane with things im not fully capable on my own lol.. Hello folks I fell into a weedoo x40 rabbit hole 3 weeks ago. Been a challenge to print much as I think its just over....

I recently got a lil extra and want to build? V2.4 350 mm Im lost in a sea of information. Lost in the cura or prusa slicers.... Lost in trying to force this weedo to submit to my will...
Ok So what voron?
LDO 2.4 w 350x350 build plate and upgraded HF dragon flow? the tap and all? I can do the full v2.4 w ad ons... to a point lol... Titanium rails Aluminum hardware and not titanium its lighter... On the flying parts to save weight,,,,,
Direct drive,,, Sherpa w pancake or the one with the big extruder wheels? forget where I saw it. Bowden for weight or dd? is Can bus up and going yet?
Wait I got more......................................................................

Why am I here? Oh yea umm because I really need to drive myself insane with things im not fully capable on my own lol.. Hello folks I fell into a weedoo x40 rabbit hole 3 weeks ago. Been a challenge to print much as I think its just over....

I recently got a lil extra and want to build? V2.4 350 mm Im lost in a sea of information. Lost in the cura or prusa slicers.... Lost in trying to force this weedo to submit to my will...
Ok So what voron?
LDO 2.4 w 350x350 build plate and upgraded HF dragon flow? the tap and all? I can do the full v2.4 w ad ons... to a point lol... Titanium rails Aluminum hardware and not titanium its lighter... On the flying parts to save weight,,,,,
Direct drive,,, Sherpa w pancake or the one with the big extruder wheels? forget where I saw it. Bowden for weight or dd? is Can bus up and going yet?
Wait I got more......................................................................

First of all: welcome!

I have to ask some questions first: why a V2.4 350mm? Do you really need that much print volume? I ask because there is a lot of cases where people build one, just to regret it some time later because 1) it's a big printer, it occupies a lot of space, and 2) it takes time to heat up to the proper temperatures needed to print ABS.

Which takes me to another question: which materials do you intend to print? You said you want to print with a Dragon HF hotend, which is a really nice one but this combo have multiple reports of chronicle clogging when printing PLA, so you must be aware of that.

As said by robrob, for a first Voron it is advisable to build it stock, it's easier to troubleshoot it in the initial tuning phase. Also: titanium rails? Reallistically speaking they won't provide any perceptible advantage, remember that we are just building glorified glue guns to print plastic boats. But it's your printer, use whatever you want to use.

If you have any doubts just ask away, we'll try to help as much as we can. :)

First of all: welcome!

I have to ask some questions first: why a V2.4 350mm? Do you really need that much print volume? I ask because there is a lot of cases where people build one, just to regret it some time later because 1) it's a big printer, it occupies a lot of space, and 2) it takes time to heat up to the proper temperatures needed to print ABS.

Which takes me to another question: which materials do you intend to print? You said you want to print with a Dragon HF hotend, which is a really nice one but this combo have multiple reports of chronicle clogging when printing PLA, so you must be aware of that.

As said by robrob, for a first Voron it is advisable to build it stock, it's easier to troubleshoot it in the initial tuning phase. Also: titanium rails? Reallistically speaking they won't provide any perceptible advantage, remember that we are just building glorified glue guns to print plastic boats. But it's your printer, use whatever you want to use.

If you have any doubts just ask away, we'll try to help as much as we can. :)
Good stuff. Idk I jump in both feet... I figure if I can fuel inject an engine that didn't have. Abs braking system adapted to a truck it never came in. I'd be up for the challange... I'll regret that.. why 350? Cause I could? Sold me comercial property for a large sum. Went balls deep. Insert crying here. Lol

Just start with a stock LDO kit, man.
Build it stock, then go from there.

Either! or Neither ! or Both!
Yea. I'll start there. I ordered the can bus setup. I have a lil but on cb since I'm an ex master auto tech. Watch that bite me.... I WILL follow your words lol. Can bus after it worx

So far I'm very encouraged by your guys not completely shutting me down but rather the SMART gentile nudge in the right direction. I will be doing that what you say. I found the only vendor here FYSETC and I ended up getting full v2.4 360 kit an extra frame kit free. I was gunFYSETC-Luoxiaotianna buil a green frame kit from vendor here. Had no green but sent green frame free. Picked gold lol .. gold and green mix hp? I shed Weiling if they might want to add in some other stuff . Would a mod dm about thus? Would it help anyone? Kit arrives 6th. Bear with me I am capable but I get jumbled in the long reads. Lol imagine that after this novel.. thank folks. 1 race HUMAN #COLORBLIND 4LIFE

We don't like to shut people down :) GL with your build! Where are you from BTW? Maybe you can connect with some people from local community in your country.