What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Why so slow?

Printer Model
Voron 2.4r2
Extruder Type
Other
Cooling Type
Stealthburner
I hope the screenshot captures enough info. This is on a Voron 2.4 using Orca Slicer (350 build volume, Galilio 2 w/Stealthburner). I felt like I dialed this in pretty well over the last few weeks. Quality has been really solid, and I printed a much larger and more complex piece yesterday using the same settings in about 2 hours. Today, I slice this small simple part, and it's telling me almost 5 hours.

Max Volumetric speed for the filament is set to 36mm/sec^3, so should not be a factor. I notice that the shape could be interpreted as the whole thing being overhangs, so I turned off "Slow down for overhangs", but there was no change in the time estimate. I also experimented with setting small perimeters to 100% speed, but it made no difference. Actual print speed up into the main part of it is 32mm/sec. This is neither a speed used anywhere, nor is it 80% or 50% of a speed used anywhere in my settings (I do have 80% and 50% in there, which is why this may be relevant.)

Acceleration settings are all between 3000 and 6700mm/sec^2. Does anyone have a theory on why this would be so slow, given the speed settings in this screenshot? Thanks!

SlowPrint.PNG

First off, check your machine limits and ensure that are equal to or above your speeds/accels. However, I strongly suspect your primary issue is your layer time goal. As an experiment, try setting this to zero; you can calibrate it later.

First off, check your machine limits and ensure that are equal to or above your speeds/accels. However, I strongly suspect your primary issue is your layer time goal. As an experiment, try setting this to zero; you can calibrate it later.
oh you'll need to emit limits to gcode as well.

Bingo... Layer time makes perfect sense. That was not relevant to the larger part. Definitely relevant here. I'll have to see how short I can set that without loss of quality. Thanks much!