What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Asymmetric Warping of ASA - airflow issue on stealthburner?

evo_grind

Printer Model
Voron 2.4 r2 300mm
Extruder Type
Clockwork 2
Cooling Type
Stealthburner
I've been having a hard time getting ASA not to warp at a corner. The Polylite ASA (natural) claims bed temp of 75-95, but i'm only able to avoid warping at 115C which just seems a bit high. Then I noticed that the warping is asymmetrical (happens on the left side) no matter how I orient the parts. This implies there might be some kind of airflow asymmetry going on. I will say that I have my part cooling fan completely off, so it can't be from that. Does anyone else have this issue? How can I fix this and not run my bed at 115C?
I'm using voron 2.4 r2 300 without any modifications (stealthburner CW2)
My printer is enclosed with exhaust fan/filter.

Like Carlos said, exhaust fan should only be used after the print is finished to remove fumes and keeping it off keeps temps up.
Could be the fan speed, chamber temps, material, design of the part....the list goes on and on.

What I would say is stay at the higher end of the print bed temp, slow down a little, use a skirt if you need, and set layer times.
Get a chamber temp sensor so you know its nice and warm in there.

I had the same issue with Extrudr ASA. Tried several settings but didn't succeed with my 350 V2. For that reason I tried FormFutura ApolloX since they market their ASA with a "no warping" claim. It worked out so far for me. So as a last chance you could also try different filament

I'm printing ASA since long times.. run my R2.4 bed with up to 118C. And also use prusa slicer to add ca 25mm 1 layer cylinders under corners.
Since than I have rarely problems with warped corners. A snip with a cutter afterwards is nothing against former "swearing" ;-)