What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Question Best Kit for the Voron 2.4

Hi, LDO seems to be very solid choice. Magic Phoenix is also nothing to scoff at. Both have quality components and some extras.

What about formbot kits?
One year ago I built a formbot kit, it was ok, however it lacked specific documentation. Wiring, rails, extrusions, screws, electronics etc. were all OK. I had no problem putting it together.

The new "pro" kit has some nice improved features (among others: TAP, nevermore, screen, pi-clone included, toolhead/fan pcb). I would however change the 3-in-6out power board for wago connectors (those were in my kit). compared to LDO you probably get worse quality motors, rails and documentation.

edit: just saw that formbot added a wiring instruction for the pro...

Last edited:
One year ago I built a formbot kit, it was ok, however it lacked specific documentation. Wiring, rails, extrusions, screws, electronics etc. were all OK. I had no problem putting it together.

The new "pro" kit has some nice improved features (among others: TAP, nevermore, screen, pi-clone included, toolhead/fan pcb). I would however change the 3-in-6out power board for wago connectors (those were in my kit). compared to LDO you probably get worse quality motors, rails and documentation.

edit: just saw that formbot added a wiring instruction for the pro...
I'm putting together a Formbot printer right now and it's a pretty cool kit and nice quality. But, I'm stuck because I can't figure out the wiring. I've looked everywhere but can't find any guides or help on this.

@Upperbottom, Could you share the instructions for wiring you found? please? It would really help me out. Thanks! 😊