What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Question BigTreeTech EBB SB2240 question?

fawwood

I installed the BTT EBB SB2240 Can Bus Board on my Trident and everything is working great!

One thing though, in the Mainsail Temperature section, there is a second "Extruder" with a "monitoring symbol" displaying -C.
I can exclude it from the display by selecting "Hide Monitors".
I didn't add anything in printer.cfg that should be displaying this Extruder monitor?

I including png of the Temperature Section

Any suggestions?

Mainsail Temperatures.png

That's the temperature of the actual 2240 driver. It'll become an actual number once the motors turn on.

Unlike other drivers, the 2240 actually has full thermal monitoring. (most other drivers just have a warning flag, and an overheat flag, they don't actually give you a number)

Hi shiftingtech,

Thank you so much!

2 more questions if you don't mind.

Q1) In the BTT sample config for SB2240, it lists a temperature sensor on PA2 (see below).

[temperature_sensor EBB_NTC]
sensor_type: Generic 3950
sensor_pin: EBBCan: PA2

NOTE: I can't find PA2 listed anywhere in the board pinouts.

Is this a temperature sensor located on the 2209/2240 boards?
BTW, the sensor displays approx 60C (10C) below the 2240 sensor running @ 70C when printing.

Q2) Is 70 C normal for the 2240 ?

EBB SB2240 Board Layout.png

That's the temperature of the actual 2240 driver. It'll become an actual number once the motors turn on.

Unlike other drivers, the 2240 actually has full thermal monitoring. (most other drivers just have a warning flag, and an overheat flag, they don't actually give you a number)
I also discovered that the TMC temperature only gets displayed in mainsail, once the extruder motor is activated.
However, the following command can get the temperature, without running the motor.
DUMP_TMC STEPPER=extruder REGISTER=ADC_TEMP

It produces:
ADC_TEMP: 000008d4 adc_temp=0x08d4(28.8C)

I'm really not clued-up with how mainsail gets or displays these temperatures, but surely it should be a few lines of code to be able to use the above command to show the temperature, or am I missing something?

BTW, I called my extruder stepper, "extruder", so in order to enable it, just issue the following command:

SET_STEPPER_ENABLE STEPPER=extruder ENABLE=1

This will enable the extruder stepper and the extruder temperature will be shown in Mainsail.
You can disable it again with:

SET_STEPPER_ENABLE STEPPER=extruder ENABLE=0

How is the SB2240 board. I am thinking of upgrading my system to a can system and I was wondering if you are having any issues with the board?