What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Calculating X and Y offsets with Omron inductive probe.

FriedPCB

Printer Model
Voron 2.4
Extruder Type
Galileo
Cooling Type
AB-BN
I've been reviewing some of my printer.cfg settings to see if I can improve the mesh bed levelling. I am recalculating my x and y offsets of the Omron probe from the nozzle.
My question is where do you measure the location of the probe? The Klipper documentation states "Place a mark on the tape directly under where the probe is"
If you were using a BLTouch, it would be easy, as the BLTouch has a specific point of contact on the bed. You would simply measure the x and y differences from the BLTouch point to the tip of the nozzle. However, the Omron inductive probe is a square shape which does not have a specific point of contact on the bed. Do you measure from the front edge, back edge or centre of the probe etc? I may be over thinking the matter but would appreciate any clarification on the subject.

I've been reviewing some of my printer.cfg settings to see if I can improve the mesh bed levelling. I am recalculating my x and y offsets of the Omron probe from the nozzle.
My question is where do you measure the location of the probe? The Klipper documentation states "Place a mark on the tape directly under where the probe is"
If you were using a BLTouch, it would be easy, as the BLTouch has a specific point of contact on the bed. You would simply measure the x and y differences from the BLTouch point to the tip of the nozzle. However, the Omron inductive probe is a square shape which does not have a specific point of contact on the bed. Do you measure from the front edge, back edge or centre of the probe etc? I may be over thinking the matter but would appreciate any clarification on the subject.
I would messure the square and determine the distance from the corner to the center of the probe and ad this to the distance where you are making the marking of the corner of the Probe on the bed.

Although not explicitly stated the sensing is done from the center.
From the Dimension tab, sides are dimensioned at 17mm so you want to add 8.5mm to a measurement made from the side of the probe.

If using another probe, look for the TDS on the manufacturer's website.

Although not explicitly stated the sensing is done from the center.
From the Dimension tab, sides are dimensioned at 17mm so you want to add 8.5mm to a measurement made from the side of the probe.

If using another probe, look for the TDS on the manufacturer's website.
Thanks for the information. Much appreciated.