What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

CAN bus end stops

msaeger

What are people doing for the XY endstops when using CAN bus? Mounting it on the X gantry would mean still having to use the cable chains right? Does anyone use sensorless?

I kept the X endstop on the toolhead for my setups, although sensorless would also be a viable option

I read people having issues with sensorless on the V2 not being accurate enough where it would miss the Z end stop. Have you had a issue with that? I like anything that means less wires.
I think most are only using senseless for X and Y. I would not trust it for Z

I think most are only using senseless for X and Y. I would not trust it for Z
Sorry I wasn't meaning to use sensorless for Z but they were saying the XY position would be off enough that the nozzle would miss the Z end stop switch.

Sorry I wasn't meaning to use sensorless for Z but they were saying the XY position would be off enough that the nozzle would miss the Z end stop switch.
I see what you are saying. I might do it just to see how it turns out. I have the sexbolt so the head it pretty big but I might paint to the top so if it moves I should see the paint scratched off.

I read people having issues with sensorless on the V2 not being accurate enough where it would miss the Z end stop. Have you had a issue with that? I like anything that means less wires.

With a regular Z-endstop it might more of a challenge. Now that tap is released it's a great combo with sensorless for XY.

I think most are only using senseless for X and Y. I would not trust

With a regular Z-endstop it might more of a challenge. Now that tap is released it's a great combo with sensorless for XY.
I would definitely like the tap! just not sure if that's too many mods for a first time build. Plus I can't find a sensor for sale 😊 I even looked for the wired ones and couldn't find one. Anyone find a sensor for sale now?

Many suggest to build stock, get it up and running and then see if any of the mods would benefit you. Building stock will help troubleshooting much easier as less complexity is involved. CANBUS is not for the faint of heart when it comes to first time builds. But if you are up for the challenge, it’s always rewarding when you getting something up and running.

Many suggest to build stock, get it up and running and then see if any of the mods would benefit you. Building stock will help troubleshooting much easier as less complexity is involved. CANBUS is not for the faint of heart when it comes to first time builds. But if you are up for the challenge, it’s always rewarding when you getting something up and running.
Second this view. Unless you are experienced the in the ways of Klipper, Canbus is quite difficult. It took me best part of a day to get my octopus pro and EBB42 to talk to each other properly.

Build stock and then convert unless you are experienced.