What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Solved Can you use PD15 (on J55 FAN5) as 5v GPIO?

bowseruk

Hi Everyone,

I'm near the end of my 2.4 build and there are only a few things left that I'm trying to finish on it. I wanted to put a the BTT Relay v1.2 on the bed as well as the SSR. I can get the PS_ON pin to work with the BTT Octopus Pro board, but struggling to get a pin to control the reset. It should be able to be activated with 3.3v - 5v from what I can find in the documentation in english.

I currently have wired PD15 (from J55 FAN5) to the reset pin. I have the voltage selector for this fan port to 5v. I've used the following config:

[output_pin PS_ON_OFF]
pin: PS_ON; Alias for PE11
value: 1

[output_pin PS_RESET]
pin: FAN5 ; Alias for PD15
value: 0
shutdown_value: 0

[delayed_gcode ps_reset_release]
gcode:
SET_PIN PIN=PS_RESET VALUE=0

[gcode_macro BED_POWER_ON]
gcode:
SET_PIN PIN=PS_ON_OFF VALUE=1
SET_PIN PIN=PS_RESET VALUE=1
UPDATE_DELAYED_GCODE ID=ps_reset_release DURATION=5

[gcode_macro BED_POWER_OFF]
gcode:
SET_PIN PIN=PS_ON_OFF VALUE=0
SET_PIN PIN=PS_RESET VALUE=0

[gcode_macro BED_POWER_TOGGLE]
gcode:
{% if printer['output_pin PS_ON_OFF'].value > 0 %}
BED_POWER_ON
{% else %}
BED_POWER_OFF
{% endif %}

Even manually setting PS_RESET does not reset the relay. The power on the relay does start on until I turn off PS_ON_OFF though, so the relay is switching. Just not resetting. Has anyone got any ideas how I could do this? Happy to try and wire it differently if that helps, went with this as it seemed most feasible. I was going to default PS_ON to 0 once I can get the reset to work.

In case anyone looks at this in the future and has the same problem. I switched to using PG15 (from J34 - STOP7) and the script works perfectly. I have it so the power to the bed ssr is deactivated before and after a print or with an emergency stop. It turns on in at the start of print_start and switches off in print_end.