What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Cant print with part cooling fan

seanb

Printer Model
Voron 2.4
Extruder Type
Clockwork 2
Cooling Type
Stealthburner
I have hit a dead end trying to troubleshoot this issue and would appreciate the help of the hive mind please.

Recently built 2.4 350mm with a Dragon High Flow hotend. Kit came with a 24v 50W heater and I did all my test printing with ABS and had zero issues.

Tried to print today with PLA and the minute the part cooling fan switches on (default, 100%), the temperature on the hotend plummets, causing a shutdown.

Power is showing at 100%, but the hotend just can't maintain temp, it seems.

Figured I got a bum heater, installed a loaned 30W heater, wired direct to HE0 on the Octopus - same thing happens.

If i drop the fan speed to 60%, the heater can cope (just) and I can print a benchy through to completion. Feels suspect though and I'm not wanting to compensate for poor build through slicer hacks if I can help it.

Has anyone seen this or something similar before, my googlefu has turned up nothing so far.

Thanks in advance!

If your heater hasn´t enough power, you need more 🤓

You could try it again with a 70W heater cartridge.

Silicone sock attached?