What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Daylight on a stick, how many in a 2.4 ?

Printer Model
Voron 2.4v2
I have just got the PCBs and components to make a couple of Daylight on a stick LEDs.
For those of you that use this or similar, how many did you put in the printer ? And at what positions ? I will be able to make five of them,
so theoretically I could put four of them in the top, but maybe that is overkill.

When i fired up the first one outside of the printer (at 24V) it felt like it was really bright, but it is hard to tell how it will be inside the printer.

I have just got the PCBs and components to make a couple of Daylight on a stick LEDs.
For those of you that use this or similar, how many did you put in the printer ? And at what positions ? I will be able to make five of them,
so theoretically I could put four of them in the top, but maybe that is overkill.

When i fired up the first one outside of the printer (at 24V) it felt like it was really bright, but it is hard to tell how it will be inside the printer.
Depends on how you are wiring them. Where is the power coming from?

Depends on how you are wiring them. Where is the power coming from?
So far I have only powered them from a bench power supply to verify that they work.
Since they consume 0.1A each @24V I think it will be safe to connect two of them to a fan output and use PWM to reduce the intensity if needed.

I’m using two in my 2.4/350, and honestly, it could use a third one coming from the front. Please don’t get me wrong! Two is absolutely plenty! You can see just fine! I just want a little more brightness because it’s just a bit easier to see everything. I would not put a 4th one along the back, just because you will look into it constantly. I’ve got three builds in progress (two Tridents and 2.4) and all will be using three daylight sticks. I made some simple clip-on shades for the Daylight sticks that I think work pretty well. I dropped them on GitHub if you are interested: https://github.com/Dfdye/Voron_Mods/blob/main/Daylight_and_matchstick_shades/Shade Body V0.1.stl

Attachments

• F15C8BD9-6202-4A8C-BEB6-F7F1E0A39195.jpeg
    F15C8BD9-6202-4A8C-BEB6-F7F1E0A39195.jpeg
    253.4 KB · Views: 16
I’m using two in my 2.4/350, and honestly, it could use a third one coming from the front. Please don’t get me wrong! Two is absolutely plenty! You can see just fine! I just want a little more brightness because it’s just a bit easier to see everything. I would not put a 4th one along the back, just because you will look into it constantly. I’ve got three builds in progress (two Tridents and 2.4) and all will be using three daylight sticks. I made some simple clip-on shades for the Daylight sticks that I think work pretty well. I dropped them on GitHub if you are interested: https://github.com/Dfdye/Voron_Mods/blob/main/Daylight_and_matchstick_shades/Shade Body V0.1.stl
Thanks for sharing.
I might go for three and just adjust the PWM power if it gets to bright.

Thanks for sharing.
I might go for three and just adjust the PWM power if it gets to bright
I’ve got mine on the spare heater output on my controller board just to make sure that the current draw isn’t too high. If you have one, that may be a good option.