What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Did I fry my board ?

mbun

Hi, I installed Can on the SB2040, everything reports correctly except for my TAP :
The LED on the tap board is red when down and blue when up. So no issues there.
I soldered the opto-TAP board for 5V and had it originally installed on the 3-pin connector with the 5V and gpio28

I later found out that's not the way to do it and moved signal and ground to gpio25, leaving the 5V as is.

Since it's not working anymore I wondered : did I fry my SB2040 ?

Hi, I installed Can on the SB2040, everything reports correctly except for my TAP :
The LED on the tap board is red when down and blue when up. So no issues there.
I soldered the opto-TAP board for 5V and had it originally installed on the 3-pin connector with the 5V and gpio28

I later found out that's not the way to do it and moved signal and ground to gpio25, leaving the 5V as is.

Since it's not working anymore I wondered : did I fry my SB2040 ?
Only way to know if you if do some testing. Put it back how it was working and you should know.

Ehm, maybe I wasn't clear but it has never worked. I reinstalled Klipper and Canbus completely after I reconnected it correctly. It didn't work before and it doesn't work now.

I think the easiest way is to just put 5v to the board and try and trigger it. Use the light to identify.

I already said everything works, the Optotap leds reported correctly. That means there was 5V on the board.
However ENDSTOP_QUERY shows the TAP is not working as an endstop. And before you ask, yes it's defined as an endstop in the config.