What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

ERCF Problem...

Durahl

Greetings,

I was successfully running an ERCF with HappyHare V3 and the accompanying KlipperScreen HappyHare Edition a while ago until a major Update to Happy Hare broke the interaction with KSHHEd.
Since then, I'm basically running my ERCF HHV3 without a working KSHHEd since any attempt in migrating over to the new HappyHare entirely breaks the System.

Trying to upgrade to the new HH Software I'm hitting one wall after the other...
  • The most pressing one being the System now being unable to connect to the MMU's MCU despite it being the same as the Printer itself - A BTT Octopus V1.1 with all Steppers including the MMU's ( except for the Extruder one using a BTT EBB36 CAN ) being driven off it.
  • Before that update it was ( probably still is ) with an implied automated script not pulling in the information the system needs into the mmu_hardware.cfg thus leaving me on my own with no information on what needs to go into that file which is beyond problematic because it would only partially accept information defined in the EBB36s Extruder Config.
So yea... Can anyone running both their Printer and the the ERCF on the same MCU ( no ERCF-EASY-BRD / FYSETC-ERB ) with the new HappyHare Software share their insights on how they got it running?
Maybe share their working printer.cfg, ebb36.cfg, mmu.cfg, and mmu_hardware.cfg for me to cross-reference against?

I'm sorry that you are on this situation. At least on the Discord server it is common knowledge that you should only upgrade if it brings enough new features that justify it, exactly because of the behavior you mentioned: things can (and will) break on updates.

There's even a GIF for that on the Discord server.

My suggestion would be, if possible, to revert your install to a known good state, which means going back to the older version of HH.

Hi! I assume you have been using "ERCF-Software-v3"? If so that was deprecated some time ago (4-5 months). Happy Hare v2 is a complete rewrite and major update. When HHv2 was released, I updated KlipperScreen-HappyHare to support HHv2. It wasn't possible to support all combinations. So...

If you update Happy Hare v2 and KlipperScreen-Happy_Hare edition, everything will be good :)

If you update Happy Hare v2 and KlipperScreen-Happy_Hare edition, everything will be good :)
Screenshot 2023-12-12 084829.png
Clearly MY installation of Happy Hare v2 begs to differ despite the MMUs MCU being defined...
Screenshot 2023-12-12 085009.png
( Are these _PINs supposed to remain undefined like that? )

...and working for the Printer itself since they both use same MCU:
Screenshot 2023-12-12 085140.png

hey, i'm having a similar issue using a btt octopus pro board, it runs klipper fine but when i add happy hare it gives the mcu error. any chance u could share your files with me plz? 😅

Well unfortunately I'm still waiting for them myself but so far, my requests for them are being ignored in favor of "Update and everything will be good" 😑

Here is a solution.
mmu/base/mmu.cfg

#[mcu mmu] -> Comment out this part.
#serial: /dev/ttyUSB0 -> Comment out this part.
-> Comment out this part.

[board_pins mmu]
##mcu: mmu --> Comment out this part.

# This is the pin I use. BTT Octopus V1.1
aliases:
MMU_GEAR_UART=PD3,
MMU_GEAR_STEP=PE6,
MMU_GEAR_DIR=PA14,
MMU_GEAR_ENABLE=PE0,
MMU_GEAR_DIAG=,
MMU_SEL_UART=PE1,
MMU_SEL_STEP=PE2,