What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Extrusion or bed level? Trident 300 build

I got same issues bed mesh show variance of around 0.1 but cannot make first layer consistency across the whole bed, too high on the left, too low for the right side.
Done everything. squaring my gantry, change buideplate, change to tap, change to cnc tap. Nothing solved. I think the problem is bed at calibration algorithms.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2566-08-12 at 16.23.35.png
    Screenshot 2566-08-12 at 16.23.35.png
    130.7 KB · Views: 5
Hey jetttttttttttts. Sorry to hear you are having the same / similar issue. It's frustrating. I have had my trident for almost a year now but so far have been unsuccessful in printing anything substantial on it.

Saying that, I was reading the Klipper documentation again a few days ago, and came across Axis Twist Compensation.

Problem is, it does not work for dockable probes, which is what I use. So I went back to the Omron inductive probe, added the macro to Klipper and ran the calibration. To my surprise, it worked perfectly!!!! I didn't believe it, so ran a few more prints and got perfect first layers. I'm just printing with PLA at the moment and have not attempted ABS etc. I'm not a fan of the inductive probe but for now I can print. I have not tried ABS yet as I had removed my panels, etc. But will be trying ABS very soon.

I believe this test is at the very least telling me there is something wrong with my gantry, probably x. I need to reprint some parts and rebuild.

I hope the above may help you, or maybe you have already tried the Axis Twist Compensation ? If not, it might be worth the small effort. I am guessing it would work with TAP?

I much prefer Klicky over the Omron inductive specified in the BOM. Have tried both without any luck fixing the first layer. To me it felt as though Klipper bed mesh was not compensating in the correct way or area. In fact, I was getting marginally better first layers without bed mesh. But the Axis Twist compensation calibration fixed the issue. I am hoping they (Klipper developer) add dockable probe support.

.... a few days later.

Well, very happy to report - for the past 2 days I have been printing both ASA and ABS successfully on my Trident 300. Almost perfect first layer and prints across the whole bed. Keen to work out what the issue is but for the moment I'm not touching anything as I need to get some replacement parts for both my zero and trident printed.

Wanted to say thanks to all who have commented / helped! Cheers.

Well, I hope it's not just a fluke and it will stay that way. Apparently when you started to threaten it with changing the probe, it started behaving!
I suggest you show it inductive probe from time to time to remind it its place :ROFLMAO:

Well, I hope it's not just a fluke and it will stay that way. Apparently when you started to threaten it with changing the probe, it started behaving!
I suggest you show it inductive probe from time to time to remind it its place :ROFLMAO:
Unfortunately i never did resolve the issue. :ROFLMAO: