What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Question Filament battles - What is you experience with zyltech ABS?

DustinSpeed

Staff member
Voron Owner
What has been your experience with printing both for and on your voron.

Do you like the color selection?

Does it print well?

Any special considerations?

Is it worth the price?

I paid $10/kg for black Zyltech ABS. It's stinky and shiny, but prints well. I haven't noticed any issues, so I can't really complain about it considering the cost. Great for prototypes!

I have used this for prototyping and making functional parts. The price is absurdly good when you buy in case quantities. If you are NOT buying this by the case, you really are missing out on a big bargain. The surface finish is NOT very good for finished, visible parts, but the strength of parts is pretty good. The big thing to consider is how much this filament smells when you print. If you have adequate ventilation to where you won't put this into your living environment, then it is a good material to use for parts that aren't primarily for looks.

1) Color selection is extremely limited
2) It prints just fine. It is, however, extremely messy to print. It puts off a LOT of oil (styrene?) that condenses on the chamber panels. I highly recommend that you have an air cleaner in your printer before you use this filter. I would only use this in a VERY well ventilated area.
3) 265 deg nozzle, 110 bed, 55 chamber without any issues.
4) YES! This is a fantastic value!

Probably the most glossy black after fillamentum black abs. For the price you would expect issues, but it seems consistent in diameter and prints well.