What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Going from Rpi3 to BTT pi v1.2

nickpeck47

Hello,

I just finished up my Trident and noticed my last two Rpi3's are starting to crap out on me. Luckily the one running the Trident mostly ok, but it does act up a little and I want to replace it with the BTT pi v1.2. I have installed and updated the BTT pi fully, so it's ready to go, however, I was wondering if it's as simple as copying over all of my config files from the Rpi3 over to the BTT? Just curious if anyone has done this and know if it works ok or not.

Much appreciated,

Nick

It should be fairly straightforward. If you have everything set up the same as on your RPi, then it should be enough to copy the config files. If you also want to keep the print stats, you might need to export and import the moonraker database [0].

How are your RPis "starting to crap out on you"? :)

[0] https://www.angelrojasjr.com/2021/12/19/moving-moonraker-to-from-a-pi/
Thier performance is not what it used to be. I only buy top end micro sd cards and it just seems like there's a lot of micro stutters when doing things. The one hangs a lot but these old fellas have been used and abused a ton over the years, and up until building my Vorons, they were just sitting around for a long while.

Thanks for the link and reply, I really appreciate it. I was hoping it would all copy over ok, just wasn't sure if any differences would hang something up or not (though they seem to operate pretty much the same once everything is setup). So far the only thing I don't like is the wifi antenna, seriously, I'd spend the extra dollar get a regular wifi chip like the rpi has lol.

Thanks again!