What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Good print bed for nylon printing

mggevaer

Hi all,

I'm planning on printing some nylon with my Voron v2.4, and I'm not a fan of having to use glue stick on my PEI sheet.
Prusa for example has a specific sheet optimized for PA (nylon) printing, but doesn't state which material this is.

Are there any recommendations for the bed sheet for nylon printing? Anyone that has experience with a specific build plate?

I can't say that I've printed any nylon myself, but I've seen glass and garolite used for the bed surfaces in most cases. Quite a few mentions of some sort of glue stick for adhesion assistance as well.

Don't forget to dry your filament.

Garolite - G10, G11, FR4 are surfaces people prefer for nylons. There's also Fillamentum LockPAd which is in form of a sticker to be glued to steel plate, and was designed to work with polyamides.

I see you want to be frustrated :) Like Sanity said, Garolite is probably the most popular.

I would still use some Nano Polymer or any other adhesive. At least with Nano it is clear and does not leave residue like a glue stick.

I picked up a couple of pieces of Garolite and have used it for Nylon and TPU. I also use glue stick to help stick and release; it's worked well for me.

I ended up printing directly on my smooth PEI without damaging it, but have seen noticably less adhesion then when adding some gluestick. I'll keep the other options in mind if the brims in need to keep the print stuck get out of control.

Hi all,

I'm planning on printing some nylon with my Voron v2.4, and I'm not a fan of having to use glue stick on my PEI sheet.
Prusa for example has a specific sheet optimized for PA (nylon) printing, but doesn't state which material this is.

Are there any recommendations for the bed sheet for nylon printing? Anyone that has experience with a specific build plate?
The BuildTak Nylon sheets work extremely well. Like, they're almost consumables, but they'll make Nylon stick.