What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

heater not heating at expected rate "hotend"

leo etchaas

Printer Model
v2 r2.4
Extruder Type
Clockwork 2
Cooling Type
Stealthburner
I just got this error and does not know how to solve it. Any response welcome.
I just printed at 500% speed and it failed. Maybe because the temp of the hotend goes down more than 5 C° from requested temp.
Maybe a lose connection ? (i don't think so.)
Please do not reply if you never fixed this issue yourself or a similar one and just watched a video. So that I try only usefull stuff from experienced people <3

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-03-22 at 22.44.29.png
    Screenshot 2023-03-22 at 22.44.29.png
    187.6 KB · Views: 16
Has this printer been printing fine before this?

There are a few questions to be asked about "printing at 500%", but I'm going to guess you just cranked the speed up in Mainsail. If that's indeed what you did, there is a good chance your heater could not keep temperature with the amount the plastic that was being pushed through the hotend. Looking at your temp graph, you can see your heater duty cycle at 100% when you set a temp, then drop off and fluctuate as it was trying to stay at the request temp. Then at around 22:41 you see the duty cycle go up, max out, but still the temperature dropped. That's what caused the error, and I'm assuming that is when you attempted to push the machine to 500%.

Simply put, your heater setup cannot handle going that fast.