What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

HELP: Big NEWBIE here ... I bought the latest 2.4 Kit. The Assembly_Manual_2.4r2.pdf seems off on starting on heat inserts on page 31 ????

rhinomanj

3 Issues so far:
1. All of the Aluminum parts in the foam box, is there are cross-reference to the parts reference in Assembly_Manual_2.4r2.pdf lists or is there a newer Manual somewhere ?
2. The manual on Page 31 shows heat inserts being inserts. The video shows plastic parts. Mine are obviously aluminum. Can I skip this step or do I somehow need to seat the brass heatsets into the aluminium part?
3. Related issue, On page 356. it shows using M3x40 SCHS screws to connect the pieces. These are too long and I think were for a previous build ?
Thanks in advance!!!!

If you have aluminum parts then you bought a kit with CNC parts. Those are not as the printers were originally designed so the assembly manual may not match up. Please inquire of the manufacturer of the kit as to changes in assembly instructions.

If you have aluminum parts then you bought a kit with CNC parts. Those are not as the printers were originally designed so the assembly manual may not match up. Please inquire of the manufacturer of the kit as to changes in assembly instructions.
Thank you !

I will assume that the aluminum is threaded.
If you have screws that are too long, just use shorter ones. Odds are you have a few extra anyway. If you don't have extra you will probably need them at some point and there are lots of M3 screw assortment kits you may want to purchase.

I will assume that the aluminum is threaded.
If you have screws that are too long, just use shorter ones. Odds are you have a few extra anyway. If you don't have extra you will probably need them at some point and there are lots of M3 screw assortment kits you may want to purchase.
Thanks, I very much appreciate the help.