What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Help diagnosing a print anomaly problem

DanPin

These artifacts have shown up each time I have printed this part (Voron Handle).

They only show up on one side of the part.

Using Matterhackers Nylon filament. I have not dried it, but I am in AZ.

These artifacts seem to show up in about the same place on both parts (I print the one at a time)

My first guess is that the hotend is actually stopping for a moment.

I don't think I can see anything in the layer display after it is sliced.

Does anyone have any other suggestions on what might be causing this...and how to correct it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• 20240130_090238.jpg
    20240130_090238.jpg
    753.7 KB · Views: 11
These artifacts have shown up each time I have printed this part (Voron Handle).

They only show up on one side of the part.

Using Matterhackers Nylon filament. I have not dried it, but I am in AZ.

These artifacts seem to show up in about the same place on both parts (I print the one at a time)

My first guess is that the hotend is actually stopping for a moment.

I don't think I can see anything in the layer display after it is sliced.

Does anyone have any other suggestions on what might be causing this...and how to correct it.

Any help would be appreciated.
Have you watched with your eye or (better) put a video camera on the printer to see what is happening? It looks like for some reason the printhead stopped but the extruder kept going. The fact that it is 100% repeatable and happens at the same place means this is not a problem with the filament. Rather than guess, confirm it by doing a video.

The first thing to rule out is that maybe the printer is fine but there is a g-code anomaly and the printer is doing exactly as instructed. The problem could be in the slicer. Look at the g-code for this area.

If the code is fine, then the problem is in the printer configuration. Or very unlikely, a bug in Kilipper's g-code reader.

I'd start by looking to see if the g-code for the layer with the defect is exactly the same as the other non-defective layers. A tiny difference of only a decimal place is enough to cause this.

My guess is that this happens at a place where the infill turns a corner. But the video will tell you if it happens while printing an outside wall or infill.

You HAVE to dry Nylon. Dry and it and print and I bet it fixes our issue.