What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Help Plz: V2.4 Movement/Kinematic Issues

MMitchell2020

Printer Model
v2.4 Custom 400mm
Extruder Type
Other
Cooling Type
Other
I realize this post may be out of the ordinary for this forum and my build looks atypical, but wanted to post just in case. I've been dealing with this issue for some time and troubleshooting what may be the cause, where during xy movements, I hear sliding/grinding from what seems to be the motor/pully frame, but I can't pinpoint the issue. I'll add a video to provide evidence, but any ideas would be appreciated.

This is a custom Voron v2.4 400mm build, using aluminum frame parts, but the toolhead is a 3d printed BreakNeck Toolhead designed by Leddhedd with a VZ-Hextrudort and remote cooling. Everything else should be fairly stock.

If anyone is familiar with this issue, please let me know any potential solutions,

Thanks,

That printer looks nasty 😬

I know that sound, it derivates from resonances between motor and frame. I tried different approaches. Different speeds, braces at the frame, TMC tuning, different amps.
Tuning and after that going down with amps, brought the most until now. But I have another set of motors, freshly arrived out of china, to test.

That printer looks nasty 😬

I know that sound, it derivates from resonances between motor and frame. I tried different approaches. Different speeds, braces at the frame, TMC tuning, different amps.
Tuning and after that going down with amps, brought the most until now. But I have another set of motors, freshly arrived out of china, to test.
Hahahah, Thanks Khay,

I'll make sure to clean it up before my next post.

Regardless, the motor resonances/tuning makes the most sense. I'm likely over-tensioning the belts or overheating the motors. The enclosure usually hits about 50C with the bed at 100C.

I'm aiming for a high temp setup, which is why it looks gross. I'm doing a lot of troubleshooting and testing different configs before finalizing the internal enclosure look.

You totally have stealthchop on.

Get rid of that. (Set the stealthchop_threshold to zero
)

After adding TMC autotune, I played again with currents and it got quieter. It is not that hard to install, maybe give it a shot.

Thanks Khay,

To be clear, stealthchop was not enabled, my belts were over-tensioned. These motors can handle 0.85N vs the std 0.55N, so I had assumed I was on point. I also noticed that as temps increased the issue would worsen, so I reduced my driver run current to 1.8a vs 2.2a. The issue seems to be resolved aside from lower input shaper values and the noise beginning to creep at high chamber temps.

I'd like to install the TMC Autotune, but I'm getting errors after configuring the install related to TMC Driver communication: 'MCU_TMC_uart' object has no attribute 'get_tmc_frequency'

Any help will be appreciated.

Also going through and cleaning the chamber up, so hopefully I'll have a decent update/fixed video at some point