What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Question Help with extruder Motor Wiring and Hart 2pc PCB

EricE555

Printer Model
Voron V2.4r
Extruder Type
Galileo
Cooling Type
Stealthburner
I am having a devil of a time trying to get this extruder motor going.
My assumption with this motor is that coil pairings are colors next to each other coming off the motor. The problem is the wiring diagram for the motor (any that I can find) do not have my wire colors so I am guessing.
Please check my assumptions:
Motor: LDO-36STH20-1004AHG(9T)
red,blue,green,black (order of wires on motor)

Coil gamma: Bla/Gre
Coil alpha: Red/Blu

Hart 2Pc PCB Board (in order on board) -> motor color
51A: Red(plug)/Black(Motor) (pin to the inside of board)
52A: Black(Plug)/Blue(Motor)
51B: Yellow(Plug)/Green(Motor)
52B: White(Plug)/Red(Motor) (pin to the outside of board)

when I extrude I get:
TMC 'extruder' reports error: DRV_STATUS: 001300d0 s2vsa=1(ShortToSupply_A!) ola=1(OpenLoad_A!) olb=1(OpenLoad_B!) cs_actual=19

I previously had CW2 working so I am assuming my wiring from Hart PCB to main board is correct...But, if people agree with what I have above, then I'll check that next.
Now I am second guessing myself. Is a coil on the PCB supposed to be 51 vs. 52 or is it supposed to be A vs. B? I assumed 51 vs. 52 were the two coils but...
ARG! this is so hard.

First, colors mean nothing with motor pairing.
Fist thing to do is swap the two center pins going from the extruder to the PCB. Test, if it works great.
If not, then flip the printer over, unpin all 4 wires from the connection that plugs into the CU (octopus or whatever) and find the coil pairs by testing continuity. One you find the A and B coil pairs, repin as per the boards pin diagram. 1 and 2 don't matter, just A and B.

SevenB: that was excellent advice. Using continuity I confirmed that my wiring up top was correct. So I check the order on the plug going to the Sypder and it was not correct. Swapped a couple of pins and the extruder now works perfectly. Off to calibrate; I'll soon be printing again. Woot. Thanks again for your help.