What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Pancake extruder motor Klipper reports short to positive

Printer Model
Voron 2.4r2
Extruder Type
Clockwork 2
Cooling Type
Stealthburner
My Voron project moved on doing some checks on motors,mtion systems and found a unexpected problem. When trying to extrude filament klipper goes to shut down and report something as extruder motor shorted to plus. I have a pancake motor round one with CW2 and ldo -36sth20-1004ahg(vrn) and was advised to re-pin connector to black,green,red,blue but it seems like this color order was inncorect? I messured black and green are one coil and red and blue second coil. What to do? Octopus board ,toolhead with hartk 2pcb,extruder connected to motor6. Everything alse works fine.

Attachments

• klippy.log
    476.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20230903_153937.jpg
    IMG_20230903_153937.jpg
    477.3 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_20240427_161648.jpg
    IMG_20240427_161648.jpg
    896.5 KB · Views: 3
My Voron project moved on doing some checks on motors,motion systems and found a unexpected problem. When trying to extrude filament klipper goes to shut down and report something as extruder motor shorted to plus. I have a pancake motor round one with CW2 and ldo -36sth20-1004ahg(vrn) and was advised to re-pin connector to black,green,red,blue but it seems like this color order was inncorect? I messured black and green are one coil and red and blue second coil. What to do? Octopus board ,toolhead with hartk 2pcb,extruder connected to motor6. Everything alse works fine.
Solved.Messured stepper motor coils 2,1ohm on coils,no shorts between coils,checked harness between manboard and pcb connector,all good . Hoewer when harness is connected to hartk pcb on toolhead then all stepper motor pins are shorted on extruder motor,multimeter showing about 7 ohm. Solution, stepper motor harness needs to be black,blue,red,green on a LDO pankcake motor. Now working fine,stepper motor rotation is corect,no errors from klipper.