What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Solved Help with Nozzle offset - After calibration print starts with nozzle too high

YCTJ

Printer Model
Voron 2.4 350mm
Extruder Type
Clockwork 2
Cooling Type
Stealthburner
Hi all

This is my first printer based on Klipper so apologies in advance for any n00b questions.

I have built a Voron 2.4 350mm and having an issue setting the nozzle offset. My process to get this far has been:

Heat bed to 60C
Home
Run Quad Gantry Level
Run PROBE_CALIBRATE and make sure my nozzle offset is set properly with a sheet of paper and save config.
Run and save a new height map.

I have also run a probe repeatability check which passes.

After doing all of this no matter what, the print always starts with the nozzle a good few millimeters too high.

I have tried Prusa Slicer using the default voron configuration as well as Orca slicer.

Am I missing something or doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance for any help given.
T

Have you also tried Z_Endstop_Calibrate ? (Disclaimer) I bungled through all this to get my 2.4 running very recently so I'm not fluent, but I didn't see this in your description above. Not sure it's relevant to your situation.

Have you also tried Z_Endstop_Calibrate ? (Disclaimer) I bungled through all this to get my 2.4 running very recently so I'm not fluent, but I didn't see this in your description above. Not sure it's relevant to your situation.
Hi Chris

Thank you so much, this is exactly what I was missing! Coming from using marlin for years im still working out where everything is and what it does in Klipper haha!

Happy printing!

All the best!
T

Hi all

This is my first printer based on Klipper so apologies in advance for any n00b questions.

I have built a Voron 2.4 350mm and having an issue setting the nozzle offset. My process to get this far has been:

Heat bed to 60C
Home
Run Quad Gantry Level
Run PROBE_CALIBRATE and make sure my nozzle offset is set properly with a sheet of paper and save config.
Run and save a new height map.

I have also run a probe repeatability check which passes.

After doing all of this no matter what, the print always starts with the nozzle a good few millimeters too high.

I have tried Prusa Slicer using the default voron configuration as well as Orca slicer.

Am I missing something or doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance for any help given.
T
Are you using TAP, Klicky, or other? I have same V2 350 with SB and TAP. I notice I have to stand by the Z fine tuning menu during my brim or skirt to make a .01mm adjustment or so

I have same issue. And many times came from little melt filament in nozzle.
I think seriously to move Z endstop from touch nozzle to touch another solid location in toolhead.