What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Question How do I get the missing file to finish installing Input Shaper software for my Voron 2.4?

Alan

Having a heck of a time installing input shaper files for my Voron 2.4 as I'm missing a file and have no clue why it's missing or how to get it. I've tried 3x times starting from the beginning and when I get to this part it stops due to missing file. Checking the directories it looks like Klipper-mcu-start.sh is not there. This is the final thing I need to do to finish my 350 build so it's driving me nuts.

pi@raspberrypi:~/klipper $ sudo cp "./scripts/Klipper-mcu-start.sh" /etc/init.d/klipper_mcu
cp: cannot stat './scripts/Klipper-mcu-start.sh': No such file or directory

pi@raspberrypi:~/klipper $ dir
config docs lib out scripts test
COPYING klippy Makefile README.md src
pi@raspberrypi:~/klipper $ cd ~/klipper/scripts/
pi@raspberrypi:~/klipper/scripts $ dir
avrsim.py flash-sdcard.sh klipper-pru-start.sh
buildcommands.py flash_usb.py klipper-start.sh
calibrate_shaper.py graph_accelerometer.py klipper-uninstall.sh
canbus_query.py graph_extruder.py klippy-requirements.txt
check-gcc.sh graph_motion.py logextract.py
checkstack.py graph_shaper.py make_version.py
check_whitespace.py graphstats.py motan
check_whitespace.sh graph_temp_sensor.py spi_flash
ci-build.sh install-arch.sh stepstats.py
ci-install.sh install-beaglebone.sh test_klippy.py
Dockerfile install-centos.sh update_chitu.py
dump_mcu.py install-debian.sh update_mks_robin.py
flash-ar100.py install-octopi.sh whconsole.py
flash-linux.sh install-ubuntu-18.04.sh
flash-pru.sh klipper-mcu.service
pi@raspberrypi:
~/klipper/scripts $

Not sure if you got this resolved but what guide are you using? I see the klipper-mcu.service file as well as a klipper-start.sh file.

I've looked over a couple guides and they all have basically the same directions. Tried to follow a couple YouTube videos too and each time I get to the command "pi@raspberrypi:~/klipper $ sudo cp "./scripts/Klipper-mcu-start.sh" /etc/init.d/klipper_mcu" I get an error that the file of directory does not exist. I'm wondering if perhaps in one of the first installations it partially installed something but didn't fully finish copying over all the file, and now it thinks something is installed which is not. During subsequent installation attempts I see a few instances of it saying some things are already installed and skipping over them. Is there code that is installed elsewhere other than on the SD card in the Raspberry Pi that need to be deleted to do a "fresh" install?

I've looked over a couple guides and they all have basically the same directions. Tried to follow a couple YouTube videos too and each time I get to the command "pi@raspberrypi:~/klipper $ sudo cp "./scripts/Klipper-mcu-start.sh" /etc/init.d/klipper_mcu" I ge
The one and only official klipper instructions do not say that. They say:
Bash:
sudo cp ./scripts/klipper-mcu.service /etc/systemd/system/

which is not quite the same thing. (the other instructions you're looking at are a couple of months out of date.)